EA protection idea

I read another ea protection question and I got this idea.

What if we add to mql option for compilation for example:

property protected_compilation account_name 123456

property protected_compilation account_name "John Doe"

and based on above informations protection key will be created for ex4 file...

Then if mt will want to execute this ex4 it will find out that there is extra protection. It will read account name or/and number from terminal. Ex4 file will have some public key inside. MT will calculate private key to unlock the code with public key and finally execute it. If account will be different it won't, of course.

Of course if we will have full source code we will compile this for our account or without protected_comp option...

Now the full protection key is in the ex4 and is so easy to break, we see plenty of decompilers and no code is safe.

However I wish good luck to anyone to break this kind of protection, if he doesn't know the account details. It should work similar to SSL technology.

The only drawback I see here is that this kind of protected and compiled code can be executed ONLY on defined account.

What do you think about that? Please share opinions :)

marynarz15:

The only drawback I see here is that this kind of protected and compiled code can be executed ONLY on defined account.

What do you think about that? Please share opinions :)

What you're proposing makes perfect sense, and is pretty similar to a suggestion made in this post: 'Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5'

I've got an axe to grind here and an interest to declare (see www.mtintelligence.com/about.aspx / www.mqldefender.com) but the main problem with this suggestion is the difficulty of coping with time-limited licences for things like free trials and subscriptions. You could put a date-check into the protected EA, but you'd have to re-issue a new version of the EA at each expiry date. Quite an administrative hassle.

jjc wrote >>

What you're proposing makes perfect sense, and is pretty similar to a suggestion made in this post: 'Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5'

I've got an axe to grind here and an interest to declare (see www.mtintelligence.com/about.aspx / www.mqldefender.com) but the main problem with this suggestion is the difficulty of coping with time-limited licences for things like free trials and subscriptions. You could put a date-check into the protected EA, but you'd have to re-issue a new version of the EA at each expiry date. Quite an administrative hassle.

Thanks for the links. I missed that post.

I work for many traders and groups and there is always the same problem - ea protection. So annoying.

If we can protect the code, trials and subscriptions won't be a problem.

Everything can be password protected.

You can send licence.txt file in e-mail with a key.

For every month or trial period there can be a key coded in ea.

Ea will read licence.txt with key, compare with key in the code and respond.

Plenty of keys to send but everything can be automated and you can use different levels of protection.

Marynaz,

For me EA protection is more safe if we just give the signal or sell the signal.

What troubling me now is how to protect indicator.

A visual indicator.

heartnet wrote >>

Marynaz,

For me EA protection is more safe if we just give the signal or sell the signal.

What troubling me now is how to protect indicator.

A visual indicator.

I think it is more complex. You can not control signal once you share it. Copying signals, sending etc. brings plenty of technical problems too.

It looks to me like the only way to protect all the scripts well, including indicators, is to use terminal for protection.

There must be a technology implemented in MetaTrader, which control execution of every script based on the information in terminal (account) not in the file.

About indicators... in theory you can also send indicator buffers values as a signal :) however it sounds strange.

1.Technical problems?Maybe a bit,price differentiation etc but there sure input in the EA can 'overcome' such problem

2.My indicators heart not in value but to make trading simpler so its a bit hard.

arto:

I found the only one software to protect the EA is at [deleted] .. I have used their service to protect my EA to start selling it without the worry to be decompiled, I only protect one file I hope someone has the ForexCio Armour and can offer us a free protection

This appears to be a scam. The text on this [deleted] site is simply stolen from www.mqldefender.com.

jjc wrote >>

This appears to be a scam. The text on this [deleted] site is simply stolen from www.mqldefender.com.

maybe

because the sentences really similar

heartnet:

maybe

because the sentences really similar

It hardly matters now that rosh has deleted arto's post, but the sentences aren't just really similar - they are word-for-word the same. The odds on that happening by chance are indistinguishable from the odds of getting a roomful of monkeys with typewriters to come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Plain and simple plagiarism.

you may also check the post https://forum.mql4.com/36261