DLLs don't work on one machine but do on another

Hi guys, 

I'm currently developing a trading system  relying on a DLL to perform some networking.

On one machine it is working as expexted, but on the other machine it fails to initialize the expert advisor, and doesn't add it to the chart.

Both machines are running Windows 7 64Bit.

The problem doesn't only occur when using the dll I created by my own, but also when using dlls created by other peoble which are proven to be working.

I thought about the terminal might not being able to locate the dll files, as for some reason the directory structure on both machines looks different

Machine 1 places the MQL5 files and Libraries folder at ...AppData\Roaming\* (the one which is working)

Machine 2 places the MQL5 files an Libraries folder at C:\Program Files\Metaquotes\* (the one which doesn't work)

Thank you!

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

martinm:

Hi guys, 

I'm currently developing a trading system  relying on a DLL to perform some networking.

On one machine it is working as expexted, but on the other machine it fails to initialize the expert advisor, and doesn't add it to the chart.

Both machines are running Windows 7 64Bit.

The problem doesn't only occur when using the dll I created by my own, but also when using dlls created by other peoble which are proven to be working.

I thought about the terminal might not being able to locate the dll files, as for some reason the directory structure on both machines looks different

Machine 1 places the MQL5 files and Libraries folder at ...AppData\Roaming\* (the one which is working)

Machine 2 places the MQL5 files an Libraries folder at C:\Program Files\Metaquotes\* (the one which doesn't work)

Thank you!

That seems is UAC issue, have you read this, or this  ?

martinm:

Hi guys, 

Does your code check that DLLs are enabled ?  have you allowed DLLs in MT5 ?   Tools>Options>Expert Advisors  tick  Allow DLL Imports