True meaning of volume. - page 2

If someone already made this research:-

- compare VOLUMES versus TICKS change in other markets (stocks, futures, otc)...

- VERIFY, for as much instruments as possible, whether there is correlation between volume and ticks.

If that correlation exists and is near 1 in those markets, we could infer that this correlation also happens in forex. This would mean that we could use terminal's volume indication as an approximate indication of the true traded volume.

Has anyone made this study and would kindly provide it here?

thanks.

AM

> compare ... change in other markets (stocks, futures, etc)...

Each of these trade through their respective (single) exchanges, so absolute volume is known

> This would mean that we could use terminal's volume indication as an approximate indication of the true traded volume.

Sadly not, spot Forex has always been decentralised, with no concept of 'single price' or 'world pricing' and hence no overall turnover figure
Even 'next day' pooled figures are not reliable, as some banks delay settlement between themselves and much is contra'd later rather than paid up daily

Some trading is even double reported as there will always be two banks/institutions involved in each trade settlement, unlike the trade of a physical commodity

With MT5 we may be able to use direction from other tradables, eg Oil futures up/buy spot CADJPY, etc

but true volume/depth of the Forex spot market will likely not be available

Maybe The Economist will drop by and detail this but that's my 2c worth

-BB-

DxdCn:

yes, that is the difference with other stock market.

in Forex market, Volume no important meaning, since this is a distributed market, no centre market, so one company only have its own volume.

who needs volume, don't you guys know anything about trading? volume, price, indicators, EA, magic formulas all do not work.

price action does not work. nothing works except psychology of trading revers physiology, double reverse psychology, triple reverse psychology.

the institutional traders are sitting on you're decision. waiting for the masses to get in, so they can go the other way. they have all they need.

they see your entry orders and stop loss orders, margins etc. all right in front of them. they use price and price action to suck you into

a decision making you believe it's time to get in, then they hunt you down.

any one that dare say's other wise is a fool, and a armature. Volume does not work in other markets ether fools. don't you get it the

markets are all manipulated. the hole thing is designed for them to have the advantage and how they can scam you.

here a statistic for you. 95% of stock day traders loose also, so what good does volume help them.

it doesn't !!!!!!!!!!!

you want to develop an indicator Mr. programmer, i know you but you do not know me, i know all you,re friends also.

you guys are dam good programmers and threw the years you all probably learned a lot about trading.

nothing i have seen made are given to the public has been worth a darn.

if you want to develop something worth a darn develop an indicator that tells me when these bastards put on blocks of trades.

floor traders can see it so why can't we.

boe:

nothing i have seen made are given to the public has been worth a darn.

So, all the other things you haven't seen might worth something?

boe,

Thanks for stopping by. To be perfectly honest with you, considering your vast intellect and worldly understanding of the useless fx market why are you wasting your time in this forum?

Are you trying to save us?

boe:

who needs volume, don't you guys know anything about trading? volume, price, indicators, EA, magic formulas all do not work.

price action does not work. nothing works except psychology of trading revers physiology, double reverse psychology, triple reverse psychology.

I bet the simplest EA has a stronger psychology than you have.

FXtrader2008:

boe,

Thanks for stopping by. To be perfectly honest with you, considering your vast intellect and worldly understanding of the useless fx market why are you wasting your time in this forum?

Are you trying to save us?

just browsing around trying to stir up some fire in you guys.LOL

just a little experiment to see if you guys are susceptible to a physiological push, testing you're ability to handle the markets emotions.

yes i want to help you guys. not really save you from the markets, but i want to teach how easy it is to emotionally push peoples buttons

and how that can hurt you're trading.

the comments came out quite defensive, and even nasty. LOL that means there is a lot of hurt you guys feel. talking about the fact

you can not win. sorry about that, but it was necessary. now do you see how each and every one of you got sucked into an emotional

response. This is the same thing institutional traders want you to react when trading.

no indicator or system, or EA has been able to track the emotional response traders have. the market constantly gives false break outs,

broken trend lines only to region the trend, constantly gives false price action signals to make you think it is time to enter the market

only to hunt you're stops then move in you're direction, and this is all done in a different way so many times no wounder nothing can keep up.

something may work for a stretch of time and then become worthless.

by not fallowing the masses boys, and reading the psychology of the market, along with recognizing when price action is working against

traders, and when it is working with you after being patient. well that's the key. lesson over. you guys are dismissed.LOL just

kidding. don't get pissed i just had to get a last rise out of you all.

have a nice day