wich indicator gives an average of the movement for a given period

Hi Forum,

I need to know how much up and down movement in a given period happend. in my case its important to know if the price went up or down mor or less straight or if the price was moving up and down and up and so on...

Im sure the muste be a API indikator but i dont know all these names of them ...

thanks for help

filip

lynckmeister:

Hi Forum,

I need to know how much up and down movement in a given period happend. in my case its important to know if the price went up or down mor or less straight or if the price was moving up and down and up and so on...

Im sure the muste be a API indikator but i dont know all these names of them ...

Filip,

have you looked at the Tecnical Indicators that are available? Documentation>Technical indicators > possibly iATR?

Or, you could write a short code that calcs the the difference between High[i] and Low[i] going back "i" periods using a "for loop".

See Documentation > Predefined variables > and check "High" and "Low" for instructions on how to implement these functions

or, if you want to know the difference between the "close" of each period use "Close[i]] in a for loop.

Cheers

FXtrader2008:

hi,

the iATR function works pretty good for me... thanks a lot...