Maximum elements in one dimension of multi-dimensional array?

Hi

I understand that maximum allowed dimensions are 4 in multi-dimensional array.

But, what is the maximum number of elements allowed in each dimension of multi-dimensional array?

Thanks

mittalpa:

Hi

I understand that maximum allowed dimensions are 4 in multi-dimensional array.

But, what is the maximum number of elements allowed in each dimension of multi-dimensional array?

Thanks

when you create the array you must first declare how many elements you want... the only limitations are the available memory in your computer. Multi dimensional arrays use up memory geometrically for each dimension, so declare exactly how many elements you want, no extras!

understanding arrays is critical to creating them, and unfortunately there is no real usable MQL4 documentation, but by studiing C, C++ (which MQL4 is based on) you will find plenty of information... The book I found most helpful is "The C Programing Language" by Kernighan & Ritchie

if you want to tell me what you are trying to do, I may be able to help you.

Kevin

seawolf:

when you create the array you must first declare how many elements you want... the only limitations are the available memory in your computer. Multi dimensional arrays use up memory geometrically for each dimension, so declare exactly how many elements you want, no extras!

understanding arrays is critical to creating them, and unfortunately there is no real usable MQL4 documentation, but by studiing C, C++ (which MQL4 is based on) you will find plenty of information... The book I found most helpful is "The C Programing Language" by Kernighan & Ritchie

if you want to tell me what you are trying to do, I may be able to help you.

Kevin

Thanks for the response. I haven't used C much but I do use C#. I think I am getting comfortable day by day with MQ4. Though I am totally new to investment world.

As far as my need is - I probably would need an array of 10X100.