Alert sound

Hi

When I use the Alert function, it makes the alarm sound once. How can I get it to repeat the sound every 10 seconds and then stop when I press the Ok button like the normal alarm system already built into MT4??

you must code the repeat. no auto way afaik

maybe you have dummy indicator sitting about on any old chart (perhaps) that polls Terminal Global Variable which your 'other code needing repeat alert sounding' has set to a 'sound the alert' value...

trouble is, need data ticks to run any repeatable code unless is say script that does while(1) and polls and sleeps for a bit...

guess all depends on just what you require - many hacks to work around but is your call cuz u got all inside info ;)

just thot.

or maybe Win API has functionality you desire. MT allows I/F to all the API code base...

fbj:

you must code the repeat. no auto way afaik

maybe you have dummy indicator sitting about on any old chart (perhaps) that polls Terminal Global Variable which your 'other code needing repeat alert sounding' has set to a 'sound the alert' value...

trouble is, need data ticks to run any repeatable code unless is say script that does while(1) and polls and sleeps for a bit...

guess all depends on just what you require - many hacks to work around but is your call cuz u got all inside info ;)

just thot.

or maybe Win API has functionality you desire. MT allows I/F to all the API code base...

If I code the repeat, will it stop when I click the ok button on the alert window?

"If I code the repeat, will it stop when I click the ok button on the alert window?"

depends

where you code the repeat. whatever code receives notification of ok btn click.

where you code the alert caller etc.

this is something you must play around with, yes?

that is beauty about mql + terminal...

is ez to try your ideas out... fast

benifit for you is you learn more the more you try out ideas!

maybe old fashioned but: pencil + paper = simple way to organize thots = get your requirements sorted in head and then fuss bout lower level details like coding, testing, learning!