How do I setup a separate demo account to run exclusively an EA?

I tried to setup a separate account to run an EA by itself so that it wouldn't interfere with my main account. ( I'm test 2 different strategies.) But when I add the EA to a chart, or add a chart, or an indicator, or take away some action in one account the platform performs the same action in both accounts. ( The only thing I discovered that it doesn't do in both accounts is when I make a manual trade). Which kind of defeats the purpose of having more than one account. So, why is the ability of creating more accounts even there? I had 2 demo broker accounts which worked fine for me, but one of the brokers cancelled the account. My current broker will allow you to keep a demo account for several months and when it expires you can open up another account. I figure that the way around this problem is to try and run 2 separate platforms from the same broker. Does anyone know how to do that? Can I just install another platform in the same brokers folder? Or do I need to install the brokers software in another folder with a different name? Is there a way to run 2 separate accounts on the same platform without one interfering with the other? Or some way else? Thanks in advance.

aj34997 wrote >>
I tried to setup a separate account to run an EA by itself so that it wouldn't interfere with my main account. ( I'm test 2 different strategies.) But when I add the EA to a chart, or add a chart, or an indicator, or take away some action in one account the platform performs the same action in both accounts. ( The only thing I discovered that it doesn't do in both accounts is when I make a manual trade). Which kind of defeats the purpose of having more than one account. So, why is the ability of creating more accounts even there? I had 2 demo broker accounts which worked fine for me, but one of the brokers cancelled the account. My current broker will allow you to keep a demo account for several months and when it expires you can open up another account. I figure that the way around this problem is to try and run 2 separate platforms from the same broker. Does anyone know how to do that? Can I just install another platform in the same brokers folder? Or do I need to install the brokers software in another folder with a different name? Is there a way to run 2 separate accounts on the same platform without one interfering with the other? Or some way else? Thanks in advance.

I figured it out. I just installed the installation files my broker sent me into a different folder. I used the same name as the original folder follow by the number 2 so I would know that it is the second copy. Now I can run both platforms at the same time. One is used for EA testing. The other I am trading manually. This way I can keep them separate. It makes it easier to tell when one is doing better.