Another newbie needing help

Hi

There are a couple of indicators that I would like to put on my charts. I downloaded one and it took me to Meta Editor. From there I could not figure out how I can put it on my charts. It seems to me that the Meta Editor is about changing the script?

So my question is; How do I get the code from the Code Base onto the charts. Probably easy, but I can't figure it out. Also would I do it the same way if I wanted to put a EA to use with my charts.

Love the Code Base, just too bad I don't know any thing about the language.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Dear Gary,

The indicator code you have downloaded with file extension .mq4 is the source code of the indicator. For indicators, .mq4 file have to put into directory "<MetaTrader install directory>\experts\indicators\". And you have to compile (under File menu in MetaEditor) the source code before to put it work. If your download come with the file .ex4, that is the file generated after compile. Just put it into the same directory with the indicators source code and restart MT4, the say indicator will be in the custom indicators list of MT4.

For more about MT4 folders, please see Program Folder of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal