mql4 is easy??? - page 2

If you know programming (especially ANSI C programming) and used MT4 for a little while, making a simple EA in MQL4 is a piece of cake. But then adding more and more functionality can be a little difficult.  I am not exadurating when i say that during my first day I could write an indicator and on the next day i wrote a small EA. That time it basically was an adivsor that made its buy/sell descisions based on MA, which could get me profit on EURUSD pair.

Although i must say, MQL4 is limited. I really wish there was support for:

1. multi-threading

2. some built-in bar data storage capability  - i.e. adding some comment to any bar if i wish to. By the same token, i wish i could change comments when i called OrderModify(). It would be nice to assign and keep some data along the way, while order exists and being modified, making it more flexible.

3. and in general, i'd love to have more built-in, high-level libraries (for bars, wave counting, indicators, etc.).

i'd like to add more :))

4. support for multi-datatype collections (like struct in ANSI C) is very necessary here, especially when making EA's.

5. editor really needs some fundamental improvements like: 

- source function drill down (ability to put a cursor on some function, press, say, F3 key and editor will take you to the function declaration).

- display function definition on mouse-over (very useful for reference purposes)

If i mentioned something that's already there, I'd appreciate if someone could correct me.

Despite all the missing stuff I just mentioned, personally for me MQL4 was love at first sight. I think MQL4 is one of those "natural", easy-to-learn languages, which are pleasure to work with.

andrewk1983:

If you know programming (especially ANSI C programming) and used MT4 for a little while, making a simple EA in MQL4 is a piece of cake. But then adding more and more functionality can be a little difficult. I am not exadurating when i say that during my first day I could write an indicator and on the next day i wrote a small EA. That time it basically was an adivsor that made its buy/sell descisions based on MA, which could get me profit on EURUSD pair.

Although i must say, MQL4 is limited. I really wish there was support for:

1. multi-threading.

2. some built-in bar data storage capability - i.e. adding some comment to any bar if i wish to. By the same token, i wish i could change comments when i called OrderModify(). It would be nice to assign and keep some data along the way, while order exists and being modified, making it more flexible.

3. and in general, i'd love to have more built-in, high-level libraries (for bars, wave counting, indicators, etc.).

I hope ANSI C didn't sucked your soul the first time you learn it :)

I also have no background programming and still very new at mql4. I think the order is to give indy & script a go first and then EA

(the length of EA codes can be overwhelming; Im amazed by people who can do it vice versa.. :)) .

I've just developed my first working indy based on Hull (thanx to all very helpful people in this forum); but it's still a long long way b4 i touch EA..

rgrds

cameo

Nope it didnt. I actually was lucky to have a friend who had experience in ANSI C, when i was taking the course. So i rather enjoyed it. :)))

andrewk1983:

i'd like to add more :))

4. support for multi-datatype collections (like struct in ANSI C) is very necessary here, especially when making EA's.

5. editor really needs some fundamental improvements like:

- source function drill down (ability to put a cursor on some function, press, say, F3 key and editor will take you to the function declaration).

- display function definition on mouse-over (very useful for reference purposes)

If i mentioned something that's already there, I'd appreciate if someone could correct me.

Despite all the missing stuff I just mentioned, personally for me MQL4 was love at first sight. I think MQL4 is one of those "natural", easy-to-learn languages, which are pleasure to work with.

I hope so.

May be when MQL5 available.

Also I hope in MQL5 can save Screen on Live Or Back Test as Video Shoot. Goodday to All

i am also beginner. please also share information to learn mql4.

arshad12343@yahoo.com

arshad12343:

arshad12343@yahoo.com

please send it to me as well

rjmm@webmail.co.za

share you EA in this forum... so all member can test you EA...

arshad12343:

arshad12343@yahoo.com

You can start from Mql4 Book, TA, and then go to Article Alchemy of Trading Robot Optimization

TQ