newbie questions

Two questions
1. Is there any way to ‘double out’.
If I have a position of buy 2
Is there a way to sell 2 and close the buy at the same time ?

2. Is there any way to set by default the stop loss ?
Preset at 20, 40, pips etc.
or
10$, 20$, 40$ etc

Well-

You can probably work a code for placing the two sell orders, and they would probably be in one pip of each other. Same thing with the buy orders- they would be in one pip of each other two more than likely depending on how you code it.

But it's completely possible. It might be best to approach the code as (now mind you I don't know the strategy invovled so I'm just throwing this out there) creating a command line that selects the orders- checks the opening price, and confirms that the current price is at the stop loss/take limit area (depending on how your measuring your profit/loss like in pips for example). If it is at the required area, then it turns a double "switch" from 0 to 1 giving it the go ahead to another string of command line to close the buy orders, and/or another command of line to execute the sell orders.

Normally when you send/modify a order it is by the "OrderSend" or "OrderModify" functions. Which have almost the exact same parameters. The "Stop Loss" parameter is measured by price i.e. 1.3111 for example. Where the currency is at/be at. Same for the Take Profit.

So in that regards- you can work it by Cash or by Pips by simple creating a mathematical equation that would create the conversion.

-Jacob

Embstj:

Well-

You can probably work a code . . . . . . . . . . .the currency is at/be at. Same for the Take Profit.

So in that regards- you can work it by Cash or by Pips by simple creating a mathematical equation that would create the conversion.

-Jacob

I do appreciate your prompt response.

However I am just a beginning trader and know absolutely nothing about ‘code’.

Please excuse my ignorance. I could possibly be in the wrong forum.

Do you know of a Meta 4 forum for a real beginner?

I do appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Thank you