Is the DEBUG MODE available on Meta Trader ?

I would like to test my programmed in MQL Expert Advisors, indicators or scripts (despite of the Strategy Tester) before I add it to the real chart. For example if you whenever write the program for the computer you have to compile it before using. If you get an error or some errors during compilation you should chceck and fix them. After you fix the errors you can run the proper compiled program, but first you should test how it's working. So for example if you write the macro under Visual Basic for Application for Excel you can debug the code row by row - by pressing the F7 key (if I remember well), and the program run the highlighted line of code, so you can know what is the order of making the each function in the macro program...

Is the DEBUG mode available for Meta Trader Editor or will be available in next version? It is very important and useful tool.

The DEBUG MODE for Meta Editor should work like the DEBUG MODE under writing macro for MS Excel... when you switch into this mode and press selected key (f7 for example) the current line of code should be highlighted and program should inform user/programmer what action is doing in this time. If sell order then debug mode should write in subwindow ORDER SEND - status OK.

When you press F7 again the next line (or the other one - indicated by the logical loop) of code should be highligted and should be done next part of program... pressing the F7 again, again and again should jump in code and highlighted the part of program what is defined by the logical loops by programmer.

This is very useful and should be made for Meta Trader programmist. Strategy Tester is not well, because I would like to program scripts and indicators not only Expert Advisors.

write own tools. Print() very usefull. have trace file where u send Print's.

if debug not work, have to try other paths, yes?

VS2005 - ~`2.5 Gb;

ME4 - 1Mb;

Compare.

fbj:

write own tools. Print() very usefull. have trace file where u send Print's.

if debug not work, have to try other paths, yes?

Do you suggest to use Print() function every end line of code ?

i got the same problem....

i can only debug it with the version 4.00 build 218

pang2042:

i got the same problem....

i can only debug it with the version 4.00 build 218

Hello

How can you debug the source code under Meta Trader 4 build 218. Now I have the newer one 220 version. Could you describe step by step - how to debug the source code during start the program?

Mery Christmas

Rgds,

Puncher

Dear puncher,

The below article may interested you, please have a check:

How to Make the Detection and Recovery of Errors in an Expert Advisor Code Easier

Merry Christmas