Discussion of article "Jeremy Scott - Successful MQL5 Market Seller" - page 3

tmoore:

Hey Jeremy, Congratulations on your Marketplace success! Your Freak series of EAs are becoming a marvelous addition to my trading activities, I have been using the Freak_Free version on Alpari UK demo accounts for nearly 6 weeks ... whilst no EA is perfect - you are making a concerted effort to iron out the existing issues. I cant wait for your next update!

To all you prospective reviewers and buyers of the Freak series:  I highly recommend Jeremy as a MQL5 seller, not only are his EAs profitable (as they have been from the start) but also Jeremy responds to messages and emails, taking onboard your comments and suggestions which he then personally evaluates, responds and if necessary performs an update (at no cost) to include your recommendations. This has resulted in an improvement in my profit and the efficiency of the Freak EAs for everyone's benefit.

After exchanging a few messages with the famous JonnyPasado - I now understand his objectives, like most of us we are seeking alpha ;) and the strategy that will take us there. Jeremy has been burnt like us through using such MT4 Robots as FabTurbo and GodBot etc losing money in the process, this is what inspired him to develop Freak.

Now, if you read the Freak guide and take onboard what Jeremy says - Freak IS NOT LIKE ANY OTHER EA, does not use Martingale, Grids or hedging but places trades based on directional volatility.. Freak is better under highly volatile situations which cannot easily be recreated on the strategy tester (as he states) and thus requires a fast connection to make and close orders in a timely manner (also not repeatable on the Strategy tester, may have some issues on Demo account to due to market execution lags) 

These are the areas of improvement that I have been discussing with Jeremy which he has acknowledged and is in the process of releasing an update that will massively improve the efficiency of Freak in its ideal market conditions. 

Jeremy is a developer at heart, this is the passion that drives his EA creation - any EA will take time to create lots of $$$$ and in the meantime he needs to support this development with the sale of the Freak series. I wholly expect that Jeremy will one day move onto employment in this industry with a large broker or hedge fund, when this happens .. we will be left to choose between all the other crazy EAs without the support from an intelligent, supportive developer.

Good Luck Jeremy, I wish you success and profit on your journey to enlightenment ;)

Very very nice of you T to say all this, thank you!  

I am trying my hardest! Since this article is about me, I would like to use it as a tool to announce Freak 3.0!  Should be released in the next couple days!  Freak 3.0 passes the "random delay" execution in the tester to simulate bad servers and requotes!  This version introduces 9 new features you can view on my profile that strengthen the live trading performance and reliability of the trading signals!  Oh you guys are going to love this.  See the News update about Freak 3.0 on my profile :-)

Mr. skarkalakos sold his EA (3 000 credits) on last weekend. Its interesting, that even before Jeremy interview go live, this developer also used free light version of his EA with the same limitations of 0.01 lot. Besides, such mechanism is very popular at AppStore, for instance. Well, i think, it works and developers should use this mean more actively. And dont forget to use widgets to bring more potential clients to your robot's page.

Lenar:
Mr. skarkalakos sold his EA (3 000 credits) on last weekend. Its interesting, that even before Jeremy interview go live, this developer also used free light version of his EA with the same limitations of 0.01 lot. Besides, such mechanism is very popular at AppStore, for instance. Well, i think, it works and developers should use this mean more actively. And don't forget to use widgets to bring more potential clients to your robot's page.
How hard would it be to implement a "quality inspection" of such products as Freak and Moment Catcher?  I would eagerly purchase a system that passed a quality inspection test similar to the Trading Championship where an EA gets disqualified if it "essentially differs" in live performance than in testing.  I have nothing bad to say about the developers, but just offering a way to encourage skeptics to feel more confident about purchasing such incredible looking systems!

Dear Jeremy, why backtest prior to 2010 is give loss result? What is reason?

kuklus:
Dear Jeremy, why backtest prior to 2010 is give loss result? What is reason?

100% history, for my MT5 platform anyway, only goes to roughly around the end of 2010.  Check out LIVE Freak 3.0 trading on demo chart right here.  I just started testing this new version when market opened this week.  I

Its almost 20% profit in under 4 days!  This is not a strategy test either, this is live demo trading.  The only better test than this obviously would be a real account.  Which no American has any legal access to at the moment.  Inputs T-Factor = 6, and the new "Votes" = 3.   Live trading is now much more stable.  And already have ideas from customers for more stability :)

Try it yourself.  I offer Free Version you can use on Real, Demo, or Tester so no one can ever accuse me!  Since it actually works, people want it :)

superk11:
How hard would it be to implement a "quality inspection" of such products as Freak and Moment Catcher?  I would eagerly purchase a system that passed a quality inspection test similar to the Trading Championship where an EA gets disqualified if it "essentially differs" in live performance than in testing.  I have nothing bad to say about the developers, but just offering a way to encourage skeptics to feel more confident about purchasing such incredible looking systems!
Just noticed this.  I believe both of us, developers of Freak and Moment Catcher offer free versions for you to test.  Why don't you try them both on real accounts?  I fully believe a "a quality inspection" is exactly this- you try it yourself and make real money, THEN purchase it :)
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

If anyone wants to see, I have published a signal to some Freak Universe 3.0 settings I really like, the most profitable so far!  Here is the signal link https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/5800

johnnypasado:
Yes there is, but I am no security expert, so it's not for sale.  I have almost 2900 dollars in Forex accounts.  I actually stopped using MT4 and switched to JForex, to see if that would end the server problems I mentioned in my last response to you.  You can automatically convert an MT4 into JForex strategy.  So until MT5 comes to America (for real) this is where I will trade.

use DLL !

I want MT4 version, MT5 version is of no use now.
Customers/Traders are MT4 users. No wonder only 10 buyers came forward so far.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

t4fast:

use DLL !

I want MT4 version, MT5 version is of no use now.
Customers/Traders are MT4 users. No wonder only 10 buyers came forward so far.

Hi T4fast! I am considering learning how to do this before summer ends.  It seems the MT4 market is really huge!  I am trying to finish classes strong before moving to a top University in the Fall so my projects are too many to count here. But I will learn DLL's since I am studying computer science.

However for your information, I made an MT4 version of freak for myself a couple months ago since I have no access to real MT5 in the United States, and my customer in Cyprus was using A*****-UK MT5 while I was using A*****-US MT4 both Real money accounts (I have to hid the name's I think- but you know who I'm talking about), and in the same time that MT5 made 35 trades, MT4 only made 6.  This was when I did not have a persistent trading algorithm in the Robot (Freak 2.0 and 3.0 has this ability).  But this difference in "one try only" orders on MT4 versus MT5 is proof- solid proof- that MT5 execution speed is clearly much better and much faster than MT4.  To me, everything about MT5 is better for price action EA's like freak. MT4 couldn't handle it as fast (or maybe my broker is more corrupt than the UK).  Real money MT5 accounts made just as many trades as Demo versions even with Freak 1.0, who had no persistent trading algorithm.  

Now that I understand a lot more about order checking and persistence, I may be ready soon to create a 3.0 version for MT4; learning about DLL's is valuable and I want to do it myself and not pay someone to do it for me.

Thank you for your input though!  It is motivating 

Jeremy,

I purchased Freak last week and have been tring to contact you via e-mail and thru the community site. Is it possible to get help setting up freak? I'm not a programmer or forex wizard. Just an investor

looking to make a buck.

jon green

ampcity95482@gmail.com