Discussion of article "Jeremy Scott - Successful MQL5 Market Seller" - page 2

Is freak series has mq4 version? About start capital, i beleive that he has at least 100 usd for trade lol...

kuklus:
Is freak series has mq4 version? About start capital, i beleive that he has at least 100 usd for trade lol...
This is not the point. You ask why someone with a profitable EA would sell it. If you have only 100$ to trade, it seem to me that is a very good reason to sell your EA. Or wait a hundred years that your 100$ become 10000$ ? A lot of people is think that a profitable is necessarily a Holy Grail. It is an illusion.

MrForexNoreg:
One of the best sellers here!
I'm really glad to know you Jeremy;-)

greeting

Paul
Thanks Paul, nice to know you too :)

achidayat:

Good work Jeremy and congratulation.

It's inspire me and other sellers to provide the best service to clients.

Thanks Archidayat :-)  I admire your work 

dlmn:
Is it not arbitrage robot? looking suspicious. It demands high internet speed etc. freak also demands high internet speed. no real test result shown anywhere from freak series.

I don't use other peoples code, and never have without permission.  Every honest person receives suspicious and accusatory behavior from others- which is normal and understandable. I take a lot of programming classes and am usually the best in my classes for java and c++, people try to steal my code all the time in class or get help from me there and on mql5, but I always help when I can.  I've always been a great problem solver.  I give advice for free and even code for free. Also never heard of arbitrage robot.  I don't browse the net looking for ea's to steal or use. I use pen and paper and draw out ideas and then code them.  I am always learning and improving, and work with customers to improve products.  But before acting suspicious in the public eye, it is usually a good idea to ask a man himself what you are suspicious of.  I've made money using an mt4 version of freak I made on EURUSD and GBPUSD only so far.  You can read my profile for the active progress made with customers, live trading, etc.  Customers give suggestions, which leads to new functionality, so since freak is a combination of my own creativity and my customers suggestions, its not arbitrage or anyone else's robot.  Feel free to ask anything you want personally ok :)

Anyone who buys a product becomes my employer! They helped me find errors, and some have even taught me about trading techniques I never dreamed of. So there is an active "freak" community within mql5.  I've made many friends, some of them incredibly brilliant who am and will work with in the future to make my products as powerful and reliable as possible.

kuklus:
I agree with dlmn. There are arbitrage robots. good only at demos. Is it not one of them? They require good internet speed. Also they run on any time frames. Freak requirements similar to them. No real account forward test results. Prior to 2011 freaks has loss results on backtest. Strange strange!! There are many sites for forward test result display. Jeremy should post his EA result at least for 3 months on such sites. I am here not for attacking him. Just must be cautious everybody. There are many swindlers in fx world. If that robot really profitable, why he sells it? Very very strange.....

Hi kuklus!  This message is for you and everyone who reads it, so forgive me, it will be long. My family and I are sick today, so excuse me if this message is not clear as my mind and focus are impaired.

Honestly I make more money from personal trading at the moment than with automated trading. I have made money with an MT4 version of Freak on EURUSD and GBPUSD- both with settings found by customers using MT5. But my idiot broker- who I learned have a very bad reputation compared to their UK counterpart, disconnects my VPS server connection that I run the EA on whenever I'm not looking so I'm forced to trade manually most of the time.  There are "no hedge" rules in the United States, and with no MT5, it's impossible to use MT4 freak on any broker besides this one that I use because they have a "netting" feature similar to mt5 averaging positions feature.   I have no access to MT5 real money accounts in the US.  The only MT5 accounts that accept us clients are in demo mode only.  In fact there were several broker review sites claiming that brokers exist accepting US clients but when I try to sign up there is no USA option, so I live chat with them and they say "Sorry Sir, we do not accept clients from the United States"... Every. Single. One. Very frustrating.  This is why I sold Freak in the first place, I programmed it and then found out I couldn't use it. I learned MQL5 first when I saw the advertisement about object oriented programming, similar to java, which I was studying. Please, help me find a non bucket-shop MT5 broker who actually accepts U.S. clients and I will offer live MT5 results from personal accounts.   

The first version of freak didn't work in live trading- it sucked, which I learned through customers, every update improves performance.  There is a live trading handicap compared to strategy tester, and I'm coming out with a version soon to blow the old algorithm away.  Stay in touch, and try for yourself when I come out with it.  

I also have a "Freak Series Guide" on my profile with help for finding best live trading settings.  Freak free is 100% free. So follow the guide and try the free version, if you think its crap don't buy it! But try all the updates.  If you find settings on a currency I haven't has customers test live, share it!  I care about my customers and the product and I physically hurt when I fail and always work towards fixing, improving, and learning.

By the way, a swindler wouldn't let you have free versions to test on real accounts for free.

Best regards,  I really hope people reading my responses to these messages will please read more and learn more about me before commenting,  reading an article is not enough information to form an opinion.  

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood" <--- some nice guy said this once

Thanks 

kuklus:
Yes there is, but I am no security expert, so it's not for sale.  I have almost 2900 dollars in Forex accounts.  I actually stopped using MT4 and switched to JForex, to see if that would end the server problems I mentioned in my last response to you.  You can automatically convert an MT4 into JForex strategy.  So until MT5 comes to America (for real) this is where I will trade.

From MQL5.community Payment System Article: You can withdraw only once per 24 hours and no more than 500 credits.

From the Jeremy Scott - Successful MQL5 Market Seller Article: "As of March 10, these applications have been downloaded for 1845 and bought for 10 times in spite of high prices. The costs of Freak Expert Advisor series range from 875 up to 1379 credits depending on the version."

1845 * 875$ = 1.614375 mio $

1.6 mio$ / 500$ per day = 3200 days or lets say ~10 years to withdraw the money :)

nextgen:

From MQL5.community Payment System Article: You can withdraw only once per 24 hours and no more than 500 credits.

From the Jeremy Scott - Successful MQL5 Market Seller Article: "As of March 10, these applications have been downloaded for 1845 and bought for 10 times in spite of high prices. The costs of Freak Expert Advisor series range from 875 up to 1379 credits depending on the version."

1845 * 875$ = 1.614375 mio $

1.6 mio$ / 500$ per day = 3200 days or lets say ~10 years to withdraw the money :)

Haha I wish, that would be too much to handle! :-)  No there weren't 1845 purchases.  Just 1845 downloads, and sold 10 even with the high prices.

Hey Jeremy, Congratulations on your Marketplace success! Your Freak series of EAs are becoming a marvelous addition to my trading activities, I have been using the Freak_Free version on Alpari UK demo accounts for nearly 6 weeks ... whilst no EA is perfect - you are making a concerted effort to iron out the existing issues. I cant wait for your next update!

To all you prospective reviewers and buyers of the Freak series:  I highly recommend Jeremy as a MQL5 seller, not only are his EAs profitable (as they have been from the start) but also Jeremy responds to messages and emails, taking onboard your comments and suggestions which he then personally evaluates, responds and if necessary performs an update (at no cost) to include your recommendations. This has resulted in an improvement in my profit and the efficiency of the Freak EAs for everyone's benefit.

After exchanging a few messages with the famous JonnyPasado - I now understand his objectives, like most of us we are seeking alpha ;) and the strategy that will take us there. Jeremy has been burnt like us through using such MT4 Robots as FabTurbo and GodBot etc losing money in the process, this is what inspired him to develop Freak.

Now, if you read the Freak guide and take onboard what Jeremy says - Freak IS NOT LIKE ANY OTHER EA, does not use Martingale, Grids or hedging but places trades based on directional volatility.. Freak is better under highly volatile situations which cannot easily be recreated on the strategy tester (as he states) and thus requires a fast connection to make and close orders in a timely manner (also not repeatable on the Strategy tester, may have some issues on Demo account to due to market execution lags) 

These are the areas of improvement that I have been discussing with Jeremy which he has acknowledged and is in the process of releasing an update that will massively improve the efficiency of Freak in its ideal market conditions. 

Jeremy is a developer at heart, this is the passion that drives his EA creation - any EA will take time to create lots of $$$$ and in the meantime he needs to support this development with the sale of the Freak series. I wholly expect that Jeremy will one day move onto employment in this industry with a large broker or hedge fund, when this happens .. we will be left to choose between all the other crazy EAs without the support from an intelligent, supportive developer.

Good Luck Jeremy, I wish you success and profit on your journey to enlightenment ;)

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5