How to create custom history (HST?) files - page 2

RaptorUK:
I don't see why Metaquotes can't give me the option, activated by a tick box in the Strategy Tester, to use my own data either as  hst files or similar or as a pre-prepared fxt file or similar.
to avoid someone use wrong datas, i think

song_song:
to avoid someone use wrong datas, i think
Isn't it a decision for the user to determine what is correct data ?  what about Strategies that user tick data to make their decisions ?  these strategies cannot be tested under the Strategy Tester.

RaptorUK:
Isn't it a decision for the user to determine what is correct data ?  what about Strategies that user tick data to make their decisions ?  these strategies cannot be tested under the Strategy Tester.
Someone told me about Tickstory Lite and I just got it.  It's free, its just an app that downloads 99.9% ticks from dukas, works for mt4 really well, maybe convert the mt5 ea to mt4 for testing using Tickstory data? I'm trying to do this now hoping to get more accurate tests.

johnnypasado:
Someone told me about Tickstory Lite and I just got it.  It's free, its just an app that downloads 99.9% ticks from dukas, works for mt4 really well, maybe convert the mt5 ea to mt4 for testing using Tickstory data? I'm trying to do this now hoping to get more accurate tests.
I already have plenty of tickdata downloaded and ready for use . . . just can't use it with MT5

RaptorUK:
I already have plenty of tickdata downloaded and ready for use . . . just can't use it with MT5
apologies, I spoke too quickly. Maybe I can find someone to hack this problem

johnnypasado:
I'm pretty sure I can make this work ;) I got sick last weekend and busy with work stuff, I'll post back when I have a chance to look into this.

johnnypasado:
We should encourage Metaquotes to add this functionality to MT5

<MODERATOR'S EDIT  -  Advertising is not allowed on this Forum>

Just for your knowledge, MT5 uses .HCC for storing history data (in 1 minute OHLC) and .HC for precomputed timeframes. The .DAT file is for the current session and stores the latest ticks.

Stay tuned and beg for MQ to release an official HCC specification.

BUMP!

Wondering if MQ has been kind enough to allow custom data series yet :)

Spy_Lord:

BUMP!

Wondering if MQ has been kind enough to allow custom data series yet :)

Nope,  and don't expect it to happen.