Trading number of currencies from one EA

MY EA only seems to trade the currency I place it on.  I have an EA which is supposed to trade EURUSD and AUDNZD at the same time.  When I place it on the EURUSD, it only trades EURUSD.  And when I place it on the AUDNZD, it only trades the AUDNZD.  Ides???

inkexit wrote >>
MY EA only seems to trade the currency I place it on. I have an EA which is supposed to trade EURUSD and AUDNZD at the same time. When I place it on the EURUSD, it only trades EURUSD. And when I place it on the AUDNZD, it only trades the AUDNZD. Ides???

If you are testing your ea with tester it will not work, tester cannot handle multiple currencies. If that is the case attach it to a chart and watch for a few days, you can speed up the process by testing in lower time frames.(More opportunities to execute)

Keith

No, not using the tester.  Talking about playing it live in real time.

It only works when I attach the EA to both the currencies.  I think there must some way around this, some kind of setting somewhere, I hope?

inkexit wrote >>

No, not using the tester. Talking about playing it live in real time.

It only works when I attach the EA to both the currencies. I think there must some way around this, some kind of setting somewhere, I hope?

ok try this link: 'trading multiple currency pair within the same EA' perhaps something in this discussion will be of use to you. Else likely need to wait until the Europeans come on line later in the evening, this is the limit of my limited knowledge.

Thanks, Kminler.  For those who are looking for the answer, you must use MarketInfo() to get correct Bid and Ask for each symbol.

inkexit wrote >>
Thanks, Kminler. For those who are looking for the answer, you must use MarketInfo() to get correct Bid and Ask for each symbol.

fwiw

also remember that Time,O,H,L,C series arrays + predefined variables are invalid if EA do multi syms and sym is not default attached chart to EA

course depends on how much data need besides bid,ask ;)