Programming an EA with indicators built from different timeframes

Hi all,

This is my first message in the forum and first of all I want to thank everyone colaborating here from the help you provide.

I'm programming an EA I want to triger orders with a doube MA cross in two different timeframes. The pseudocode looks like this:

if ( Cross(FastMA, SlowMA, last 5 bars, Timeframe1) AND Cross(FastMA, SlowMA, last5 bars, Timeframe2))

Buy

Does anyone know how to code it (in an easy way)?

Thanks in advance.

PW

No problemo...

Try something like this...

extern int MAShift = 0;
extern int MAMode = 2; // 0=SMA 1=EMA 2=Smoothed 3=Linear Weighted
extern int MAPeriodFast = 5;
extern int MAPeriodMedium = 20;

string strSymbol; // 

start()
{

strSymbol=Symbol();

//============================ INFO FROM OTHER PERIODS/INSTRUMENTS =======================================
   double MA_D5_1 = iMA(strSymbol,PERIOD_D1,MAPeriodFast,MAShift,MAMode,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   double MA_D5_0 = iMA(strSymbol,PERIOD_D1,MAPeriodFast,MAShift,MAMode,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
   double MA_D20_0 = iMA(strSymbol,PERIOD_D1,MAPeriodMedium,MAShift,MAMode,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

double MA_H4_5_1 = iMA(strSymbol,PERIOD_H4,MAPeriodFast,MAShift,MAMode,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   double MA_H4_5_0 = iMA(strSymbol,PERIOD_H4,MAPeriodFast,MAShift,MAMode,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
   double MA_H4_20_0 = iMA(strSymbol,PERIOD_H4,MAPeriodMedium,MAShift,MAMode,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

//============================ INFO FROM OTHER PERIODS/INSTRUMENTS =======================================

// Do stuff here based on values collected above

return(0);

}

Note that using externs allows easier experimentation & optimization, plus making it easier to port blocks of code between EA's

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

PW

No problemo...

Try something like this...

Note that using externs allows easier experimentation & optimization, plus making it easier to port blocks of code between EA's

Good Luck

-BB-

Thanks for the answer. I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I have always "0" in the PERIOD field, so I didn't realize what was it there for.

Thanks!