FTP Error STOR command failed

I am trying to FTP a txt file to a server. I have the password and User name but when I try running the test I get

the FTP: STOR command failed. I have been able to FTP with FileZilla with no problem. Has anyone else had this

problem?

Hi Ms Honey. I am having the same error when trying to use the publisher to FTP a statement. FileZilla works fine also with me. Have you been able to work this out?

honey wrote >>

I am trying to FTP a txt file to a server. I have the password and User name but when I try running the test I get

the FTP: STOR command failed. I have been able to FTP with FileZilla with no problem. Has anyone else had this

problem?

same problem any solutions?

David

didjeridoo:

same problem any solutions?

David

Same here. This happens quite frequently, enough that I no longer trust the built-in FTP client.

The return of GetLastError() when this happens is ERR_NO_ERROR, which doesn't help much. The journal's log has this:

2010.02.18 01:27:47 FTP: STOR command failed

I don't have access to the server's log, so can't pinpoint the problem. Any suggestions?

gordon:

Same here. This happens quite frequently, enough that I no longer trust the built-in FTP client.

The return of GetLastError() when this happens is ERR_NO_ERROR, which doesn't help much. The journal's log has this:

I don't have access to the server's log, so can't pinpoint the problem. Any suggestions?

Hi guys !

It's because you don't close the file before sending.

Handle=FileOpen(File_Name,FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE,";");
FileClose( Handle );

if(!SendFTP(File_Name))
Print(GetLastError());

Andi.

andic:

It's because you don't close the file before sending.

[...]

When I had those problems I verified that all files were closed... This error still occured.

I am receiving the same error on the scheduled/automated statement publisher. Notice that it hakes 3 minutes to error. My FTP server times out after 5 minutes.

2011.05.15 22:59:14 Publisher: failed

2011.05.15 22:59:14 FTP: STOR command failed

2011.05.15 22:56:04 Publisher: starting

The file appears on the server but is zero bytes.