DLS or Cable Modem Failier Alarm or Repetative "No Connection Alert"!

Does anyone know of a DSL or Cable Modem Failure Alarm or Connection Failure Alarm besides the "No Connection Alert" used in the platform? ... The purpose is for night trading alert should the connection fail while asleep. ??? The platform's "No Connection Alert" would be inadequate to wake someone up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Set a looping script/EA to get TimeCurrent(), which is the server time.

If there is no connection, TimeCurrent() will not be updated.

Detect that failure and send yourself an electric shock.

phy, is your suggestion of merit for that isconnected not working thread?

1. ie, a backup or plan #2 as it were, in the line down confirmation...

just wondering as could do simple timecurrent call then marktime for bit then recall and if same as previous then maybe this can even have higher weight factor than isconnected

2. but wait moment - I just read docs and "Returns the last known server time (time of incoming of the latest quote) ..." so if latest quote is tied to chart symbol pair and no market activity, does this mean that time of incoming can have large clock time gaps such that two calls of timecurrent with intervening wait can return same time....?

And...

IsConnected()=true only confirms chart data getting through - no guarantee the orders channel is open :eek:

-BB-

Well ok...

"The function returns the status of the main connection between client terminal and server that performs data pumping."

? perhaps connection synonymous (err in .ru speak:) for order data + price data ?

I am seeing big dark hole before me.... ;)

There is a persistent TCPIP conversation which apparently transfers quotes.

Each Order sets up and tears down a new TCPIP connection.

Below, see Quotes connection, and one Buy order, and one Close order.

Is reasonable as functionally separate and drivers, handlers, threads or whatever for each.

So ok, persistent channel doing 'apparently' data pumping functionality is understood.

From this I am led to think that ok... maybe x streams here, but in the end - IF as in your example port 4807 is functioning THEN is reasonable to assume that the as required transient Order streams will by implication also be 'functioning'

yes?

and IF yes THEN seems end play is: if( IsConnected() ) would then also imply as in your example that ports 1063,7 will behave as expected.

damn... you just KNOW i gotta ask don't you? can't wait any longer... :)

can point us in direction of your line monitoring goodie????

maybe even has [for me at least;] idiots guide to cranking up the 'lil beastie....?

pretty please

:-o)

and... does it record the traffic content such that streamed to a file for instance.... so can do offline head scratching ;)

once again... phy to rescue, as always THANKs