Any successful automations? - page 2

My general rule is KEEP IT SIMPLE.

I know some people whom made these EAs with 20 indicators and even then taking references from other charts.

The main concept is that an EA is a reflexion of your mind. If you have too complicated ideas your EA is going to be very complicated, and viceversa.

I'm a quiet person, always looking for the simple things in life, and I guess that's the reason why I do the same with my EAs.

Cheers

FFD

KISS - couldnt agree more!

I can do & have done complicated but we musnt forget that we are primarily trading.

Some tried & trusted trading systems are very simple - so the EA can be (relatively) simple...

If you have stacks of indicators & yards of complex (if admirably structured) code yet the EA makes a profit on a demo account but a loss on a live account...

Where do you begin to fix this mother-of-all-EA's...???

---

With hindsight :D

I should have started with a small live account, looked at the data patterns & taken it from there...

E.g. the number of ticks/period is different demo to live, so even if the High & Low is the same, the pattern will be different, with more & larger movements within a given period on the live account.

Of course using a higher time-frame will tend to even things out but then lag creeps in :(

-BB-