VikiSil:

I used a while cycle like this:

Ans=false;
while (Ans==false)
{
RefreshRates();
Ans=OrderClose(ticket,Lot,Ask,2);// Close order

}

And if the error is something else (like ticket not found,) your in an infinite loop. Check the error code and handle them properly.

I run a few fxpro terminals, in two of them that run the same EA with different setting the "Old tick" error stopped them from working while the rest of the terminals did not show the error at all. What could be the issue here?

1Mill:
I run a few fxpro terminals, in two of them that run the same EA with different setting the "Old tick" error stopped them from working while the rest of the terminals did not show the error at all. What could be the issue here?
  1. Two moderators have said, it's filtered out, the EA doesn't see it. If your EA stops, your EA is broken. It's not because of Old Tick.
  2. No mind reader's here. Do you really expect a diagnostis without seeing your code?

I'm going to add RefreshRates() see if it makes a difference...

sindutzz:
Actually what is "OLD TICK" error message means ?

I run same EA on 6 charts and yes this is an active EA which close and open very often.
But everytime an OLD TICK error message occur in the JOURNAL for one chart than it will followed by another "OLD TICK" error message for other chart.
And than the EA stop working. And it will working again when :

1. I have to remove all the EA from the chart and attach it again one by one. Turn off and turn on again the "Enable EA" button will not solve the problem.
2. Or day move to next day at 00.00

I already try to use OrderSendReliable and OrderCloseReliable but the problem still occurs.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

BTW, my broker is Liteforex.org and my EA is martingale base EA.

Thank you before.

Aldhy SP

Oldtick generally occur due to delay a data broker server is displayed on the chart on the screen histroy metatrader so prices are executed by the robot is not valid. It definitely hurt us because the robot can not execute orders. Way back to merestrat metatrader is one solution. Oldtick can happen every day even every hour. Is this a trick to thwart the order or the broker's broker server quality is not good ... I do not know we have to keep thinking positive. Just how we can anticipate this work to optimize our robot.

Not possible when you have to check every day on the journal or even every hour on the journal is there oltick or not and when you should close the application and run it again huh ..... tired ...

Consider the example of an account that has oldtick below:

http://robottradingcerdas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oldtickproblem1.jpg

Unfortunately not, two days without trade. Brokers who identified frequent oldtick is Exness, Roboforex, and kadng InstaForex and MasterForex. How do I fix this?

I have made an application (software robot) which oversees metatrader is running that would do the activity metatrader close the application and run it periodically to kill or not the address for oldtick. This application is simply installed in the VPS and enter the folder of each metatrder of each broker that you want to control.

Period close the application and run back metatrder can be set from 1 minute smpai every 1440 minutes (24 hours) once oldtick killer robot will perform an action within the VPS. So ... we do not have to worry about to happen oldtick. Metatarder amount that can be registered up to 5 metatrader folder name. Consider the example application KillerOldTick below:

http://robottradingcerdas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/KillerOldTick.jpg

Complete article and how to get this software you can visit this site :