FILE_READ | FILE_WRITE Question? - page 2

phy wrote >>

That would be the correct opening method to append an existing file.

Why a 1?

FileWriteString is for writing to Binary file, not CSV

I suggest you review the documentation and samples for File operations.

CSV is what I want and I do not want to append. You are right about "FileReadString(handleA,1)" I don't know where that came from.

After several hours of struggle and testing different example codes I found a solution to satisfy my needs.

string buffer3=ReadFile(rFile);
int count=StringLen(buffer3);
Print("Bytes counted:",count);
WriteFile(wFile,buffer3);

That did the trick. All I wanted in the first plcae was to rename the file (or copy and delete the original) .

Next think I would quite surprisingly like to go back with the process flow of my code. Before this - rfile (that I copied and later is going to delete) needs to be read (buffer3) and use its values as a function call parameters. Now it is a string of 38 (may vary) chars with "," between my parameters. So my first idea was this:

String/buffer is for example, "Brok xy,CHFJPY,30,13,8,8,5,5,3,2,4,2,0"

int index=StringFind(Buffer, ",", 0);
Alert("Index is: ",index); //for checking
string str1=StringSubstr(Buffer,0,index);
Alert("First substr is: ",str1); // "Brok xy"

This is how I get first substring ending ",", but obviously I need more sophisticated method of handling all the Buffer. Maybe picking substrings to Array[13] (if I have 13 parameters in that 38 chars' string). How could I do this without coding each substring separately and with proper handling of End of String. Maybe a for loop and storing parameters to an Array!? Did not find any examples on mql4 community.

Later I would like to use this Array like out_hist(indicator, sArray). Another considerable point is that first two of these parameters are strings and the rest are integers. Is an Array[] possible with mixed types?

Started mql4 one month ago, but learning everyday.

Hope you get the idea. English is not my native language.

Nickel

All I wanted in the first plcae was to rename the file (or copy and delete the original) .

Oh.

int inFile =  FileOpen("TESTIN.CSV",  FILE_READ|FILE_BIN);
int outFile = FileOpen("TESTOUT.CSV", FILE_WRITE|FILE_BIN);

int byte;

for(int i = 0; i < FileSize(inFile); i++){
   byte = FileReadInteger(inFile, CHAR_VALUE );
   FileWriteInteger(outFile, byte, CHAR_VALUE );
}

FileFlush(outFile);

Print("inFile = ",  FileSize(inFile),  " bytes");
Print("outFile = ", FileSize(outFile), " bytes");

//FileDelete(inFile);