Playing against main trend

Let's consider following situation: we know that long term trend has just started and we have just opened position according to this trend. After given time we have realized short term trend revision. It's good to utilize it and earn additional money.

And here is the question: is it possible to open oposite position for short term revision without closing previously opened position for long term trend on the same pair on the same account? If so which parameters have to be passed to OrderSend() method?

LesioS:

Let's consider following situation: we know that long term trend has just started and we have just opened position according to this trend. After given time we have realized short term trend revision. It's good to utilize it and earn additional money.

And here is the question: is it possible to open oposite position for short term revision without closing previously opened position for long term trend on the same pair on the same account? If so which parameters have to be passed to OrderSend() method?

Opening and opposite position will not close the existing position, at least not on my accounts with Fibogroup and IBFX.

Jan

So, opening long position for 1 lot and short for 2 lots in sequence results in having 1 lot long and 2 lots short, but not 1 lot short (everything on the same pair)?

Is it general or applicable only for given accounts? Is it common behaviour that if I want to close position I've to use OrderClose() and to reverse it OrderCloseBy()? If so, that means that I can easily play against main trend on lower trends, am I right?