Can some1 please help - Simple trading strategy programming - page 2

What I did: enter and exit on the CLOSE of the bar following the first crossover signal - is this still not practical?

cordin:

What I did: enter and exit on the CLOSE of the bar following the first crossover signal - is this still not practical?

Certainly not.
Close price as well as crossover condition is not known until next bar starts.

OK, I see yes, I must recalculate, but once again, that second startup bar may be a better bet rather than a worse one? Will have to check it out...I'm getting really cofused here, or am I...? ;-{ Have attached 2 charts of present calculation - whats rather interestng is that halving (or doubling) EMA period pairs have little effect: they both yield damn big gains. Applied 20% of account exposure (very high yes), with 100 pip fixed margin (People like FXCM require 100 pips). The very important part is of course that you don't or very seldom lose your full 100 pip margin! I am confident you can do the maths.

Blue line is points made trend line through it - this is 2 months data

I would appreciate any comments and feedback, and thanks Irtron for your shared insight. I'm at zanes@sentechsa.co.za if any1 wants to comment on my stupid ideas!