Stategy Tester Help

I have built an EA and have been testing it out with a demo account and so far it is working just fine.

I am attempting to use the Strategy Tester with this EA but every time I try it just loads "zero divide" into the Journal. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why when I run my EA "live" it works fine but when I try with the Strategy Tester it dies?

From what I can see, it doesn't even look like the init is called. I have an "Alert("i'm in init)". But this Alert is never called.

Does the Strategy Tester not call it ?

Probably you are doing something that involves dividing by the number of bars in the chart, live charts always have a large back period, where the tester starts from bar 0.

Craig:
Probably you are doing something that involves dividing by the number of bars in the chart, live charts always have a large back period, where the tester starts from bar 0.

absolutely right Craig. finally got it worked out.

Can you offer any guidance on the proper way to deal with an IsConnected()==false?

I am finding that all I can do in this situation is shutdown metatrader and restart.   Should I, in the code, attempt to call init() ?