Strategy Tester

Hi All,

My understanding of how the strategy tester works is that the number on the optimization graph needs to be in sync with the number on the settings tab, is this not right?

I losing my faith in this tester. Also to my mind the number in the settings tab should be the number of rows in my excel spread sheet...in the attached picture the number on the settings tab is 19200 and I dont get that line number count in my excel spread sheet... almost like calculation are missing

Files:
1.png  52 kb

Hi ToolMaker,

I made a lot of optimization but never compared it sorry. I just compare here on this post: the number in the settings is same as in excel. May be - you got some error or something ... or you stopped optimization earlier?

newdigital:

Hi ToolMaker,

I made a lot of optimization but never compared it sorry. I just compare here on this post: the number in the settings is same as in excel. May be - you got some error or something ... or you stopped optimization earlier?

Hi newdigital,

THanks for responding it is appreciated. Nope I haven't stoped the optimization. I can say that I have been testing my bot continuously (without stopping MT5) the past 5 days testing from H1 down to M1. Another thing I picked up only since I started to note my results doesn't match up in excel is that, once I select my parameters to be optimized and their total iterations goes past 10496 iterations the settings tab (while running) shows "(number)/10496" although my input tab is showing 2 027 160 776 total iterations ... very weird as this should also match up.

I do reduce my iterations by spesifing a startup criteria in my init ...with this creteria the test runs to about 8600 iterations and it stops...but not even half past  2 027 160 776.

I feel I will be forced to stop my testing until this tester works 100%. 

I will wait for your response before logging a bug. Thanks.

oh this is build :

2013.01.17 22:52:17 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 742 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

Win 7 64 

ToolMaker:

My understanding of how the strategy tester works is that the number on the optimization graph needs to be in sync with the number on the settings tab, is this not right?

Useless results skipped.

MetaQuotes:
Useless results skipped.  

How would the teater knows before hand what needs to be skipped and what not... my numbers are not matching up EVEN my data I export. The total iterations in the settings screen should match the total calculated iterations in the input tab THEN on top of that, the total lines of my exported data should also match up to the exact number unless iterations are skipped because of failures (initialization etc) but the two numbers in input and settings SHOULD MATCH up regardless RIGHT FROM THE START....

When i select les input parameters in the input tab (less than 10496 calculated iterations) the numbers add up and the line counts....so why not past this?

I'm getting really iretated because if this tester is not working I have dumped ALOT of possibly good strats and we talking a good years work WAISTED...I believe I will log a bug on this tonight when I'm back from work.

This is realy sad if this funtionality is not working because this is the reason for me using MT5 :( 

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

I spoke to a friend of mine and we did a few tests over the phone and his is working 100% he is running the same build version but 32bit...it seems this might be a small issues with the 64bit distribution?

I will log a bug with all screen shots tonight. 

• www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.