Data avalanche

I'm running MT4. I find it locks up if there is to much data in the history.

I have aproximately two years of M1 data for each currency pair, the history files are ~30MB each. If I attempt to open mt4 with two M1 charts open -> no problem. If I attempt to open mt4 with three M1 charts open -> mt4 locks up, consumes all system resources and never actually opens. Hence I have to kill it with task manager.

My 'maximum number of bars in history' i.e. tools->options->charts is set to well in excess of that which is required.

So is there anyway for me to tell mt4 to ask for more memory on startup? Certainly my system could happly lend it a couple of gigs. I would prefer to able to open all these charts so I can back test on multiple currencies.

hi zonker,
would you send me your data or tell me where and how to get that two years of M1 data for each currency?

you can send it to fadil75@gmail.com

I look forward for your reply

Zonker wrote:

I have aproximately two years of M1 data for each currency pair, the history files are ~30MB each. If I attempt to open mt4 with two M1 charts open -> no problem. If I attempt to open mt4 with three M1 charts open -> mt4 locks up, consumes all system resources and never actually opens. Hence I have to kill it with task manager.

My 'maximum number of bars in history' i.e. tools->options->charts is set to well in excess of that which is required.

So is there anyway for me to tell mt4 to ask for more memory on startup? Certainly my system could happly lend it a couple of gigs. I would prefer to able to open all these charts so I can back test on multiple currencies.

bimantara:
hi zonker
I have found what I need.
thanks anyway

hi zonker,
would you send me your data or tell me where and how to get that two years of M1 data for each currency?

you can send it to fadil75@gmail.com

I look forward for your reply

Zonker wrote:

Zonker, what the operating system do You use? How much memory do You have?

Hey Stringo,

Windows XP home edition sp2, one gig physical memory.
When I tested this all other applications are closed so there is over half a gig of free memory.

Like I say occurs when you have three different charts opened on M1 and 30MB of data for each one. The data history files are the ones from alpari.

I see this is fixed in build 196. OK!:)