MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 853

[Deleted]
Is it possible to use FileOpen(), to open a file, on a network computer? Thanks!
I think that the indicator may be redrawing but it may not. If there is a drawback, it will be covered by another profitable deal. The meaning of the Expert Advisor should be as follows. The indicator drew a point the expert advisor opened a position on the sell and another point appears the expert
hi, can please somebody explain me the AccountStopoutMode on a sample? i dont know what exactly this explanation means: 0 - calculation of percentage ratio between margin and equity; 1 - comparison of the free margin level to the absolute value. thank you, mike
I want to execute an OrderSend at exactly 12:30 and 00 seconds, but when I look in the journal, it says the trade was bought at 12:30:05. Why is there a delay? How can I execute a trade much quicker than a 5 second delay? extern string time = "2013.10.03 12:30:00";//in eaint start() {  if...
Hi, In my EA, which in a considerable market move will open say 10 positions gradually, one by one . I'm thinking about: say after 7 positions opened, a stopout happens, how do I prevent EA from openning the other 3 positions? .... maybe the question is: how to know a stopout happened. Any...
I don't know how to change color of chart window in script, can you help me please, any Idea?
Hi, I am clueless how to fix this problem. All or most of all my 2012 candle history is missing from GBPUSD. I attached an image. I cannot do backtesting with all this information missing. Please help. Thanks, Jeff
I'm trying to delete an EA in my experts folder so I can backtest it, but when I delete it and replace it with a revised version, MetaTrader somehow has a copy of the old version of my EA, as if it's storing it in memory? Also, I was wondering what this lockpad on the icon is for. Would this be...
Hi All, See first pic below, which is what I am aiming for- an MTF display for my indi with both tables and charts in the same window, 4TFs in my case given maxBars= 20 latest bar calculation displayed, to fit all the TFs in one screenshot. [ NOTE: I can get this display by using mql versions...
Hi everyone, I am try to develop an EA that can trade 2 or more pairs of currencies. .... int ticket2=OrderSend("EURGBP",OP_SELL,0.01,Bid,0,0,0,"no comment",6666,0,Green); int ticket3=OrderSend("GBPUSD",OP_SELL,0.01,Bid,0,0,0,"no comment",6666,0,Green); .... But it does not work. it only can...
Hi I noticed that MT4 has no signal Visualize (the link next to "Renew Subscription", on the signal tab submenu) option for graphically rendering the signals on the chart but MT5 does? Is there another way of doing this? Thanks, Andrew.
IN A GAP TRADING GENERALLY SEEN WHEN THE MARKET OPEN AND U FIND PROFIT BUT IF U NOT SEE THE MARKET AND UR PROFIT WILL LOSS BCZ MARKET TRAND OPPOSITE SOME TIME
I'm at the stage now where I am in essence dotting the i's and crossing the t's - Been forward testing for over a month now and its performed pretty good, as well as give me opportunities to flatten out a few mishaps. Where I am now is thinking about orders not going through or being rejected by...
Always dizzy about point,pip,tick. So I just borrow the following code from this forum: double  PointValuePerLot() { // Value in account currency of a Point of Symbol.    /* In tester I had a sale: open=1.35883 close=1.35736 (0.00147)     * gain$=97.32/6.62 lots/147 points=$0.10/point or $1.00/pip...
I'm learning about messagebox, but I need a little more. I want: when you see the popup window, if you click YES button in 5 seconds, it will do something. If you don't click anything in 5 seconds, messagebox disappears and next code lines run. messagebox or something else?
Hello, I know in fibo retracement tool that by going in fibo levels proprieities and adding "%$" at each fibo level description we can see the price value displayed for each fibo level My question is With fibonnaci time zones tool how to display the time for each fibo level ? Is there any...
  Any difference?  (3)
Would there be any difference in the result between the following two pieces of code? First one: if (FirstCurr == "GBP" && SecondCurr == "AUD") Pair = "GBPAUD";   {      if ((GBPbefore > AUDbefore) && (GBPafter < AUDafter))       SellArray[3] = true;      if ((GBPbefore < AUDbefore) && (GBPafter >...
Hi, I have an indicator in its own separate window, which sets two level-lines (like rsi over bought and oversold, but these you set yourself) that are changing over the time. Is there a way to get the values of these lines. I only know SetLevelValue() (and miss GetLevelValue()) - is there another...
I am writing an EA that uses a custom indicator so i am using iCustom in the code. The book gives the format as follows: double iCustom(string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)and says this about parameters (....,): Parameters set (if necessary). Now this indicator...
[Deleted]
Hello, some weird things happened to me. I have received two new EA and I put these two new EAs in my experts files. I closed the MT4 platform and then I restarted the MT4 platform to make these two new files be compiled. (1) Unfortunately by re-starting the platform these two files can't be
Hi fellow traders, I know someone works at one of the FX brokers, he told me ones they are copying traders trades without the trader permissions or knowledge. My question is there any ways to lock my account from such thing? Thanks
This should most probably a very simple problem to solve. I want to read the Symbol() of a particular chart and then break up the 6 char string (e.g. EURUSD) into the two currencies involved e.g. EUR and USD and give each one of them a numeric value. Can anybody please help me to solve this problem?
[Deleted]
Hi, very nice forum I have a question: Which Forex Robot do you use/prefer ? - Million dollar Pips ---> $99 - MaghnesForex ---> free - Nanotech ---> $99 Thank you
Hello everybody, this user here created a very interesting trailing stop tool. It works fine when, for example, placing it on a chart in the mt4 terminal. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9530 Now, I'd like to integrate this functionality, if possible, into an expert adviser I've already programmed for...
[Deleted]
Hello, im tring to read a cvs file with multipile columns and many many rows what i want to do is to take for example column D and to check for the higest value in this column. one more thing is that i want to limit the search by time (hour and minute) in the picture you can see it in red. the
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                               Trendline Indi.mq4 |//|                                                       GoldlandFX |//|                                        http://www.goldlandfx.com...
[Deleted]
I want to draw few lines each day at 6:45, 10:00, 14:30 and 16:00 so my code looks this way: datetime setTime(string godzina){        int dzien, miesiac, rok;        string szablon;        datetime czas;        dzien   = TimeDay(TimeCurrent());        miesiac =...
Quick one. Broker ILQ is allowing me to trade with units (right the way down to just 1 unit!) on a very small account of $1k to forward test in a life environment my EA. I would appreciate someone to just simply confirm if I need to make changes to the following, to cater for this type of broker....
I don't mind taking the time to learn the programming language but I just would like to know if this is possible. 1. Open a long position when the price reaches a certain point and set to close if profit reaches 100 pips. 2. If the position is losing by more than 100 pips open another long position...