MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 781

EA use  (1)
From the same platform, I have two accounts [one demo the other live, with equal margin, I employ the same EA. Problem is the live one trades one currency pair, few trades, all shot. The demo, on the other hand trades a basket of pairs long and shot, needless to say its growing exponentially. Let me...
What is the problem causing this error message? or if this is in the wrong forum please disregard. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/22035 MetaEditor 5.00 Build 883 / MetaTrader 4 Build 604 //+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property copyright "Copyright 2014,...
Hi!! I have just updated my MT4 to the Build610. I found a problem, when I write a program in MetaEditor4 I used to compile very often for testing purpose, and doing it didn't create any problem untill now. Now everytime i press the Compile button, all the EAs that are running in the MT4 from where...
Hi, Let us say in an indicator there are three buffers. Can we attend buf_0 (i) minus buf_1 (i-1) to buf_2 (i). Buf_2(i)=buf_0(i)-buf_(i-1). It says out of range error. Why? Notice time difference . (i), (i-1).
iATR(Symbol(),0,3600,1) is reporting 0 even when Bars=3601. Also, when it finally starts returning a non 0 value (1000's of bars further), it still seems quite far off compared to the iATR with the same perimeters calculated by MT5 at the same spot.
Hi, I'm pointing to a bug with string (unicode) transmission into .DLL #import "..." bool protocol_Auth(string,string);#import First example doesn't work good. class protocol        {        ...        public:                bool Auth(string _user,string _pass);        };bool protocol:...
I need to reset to Zero all orders balances in the metatrader 4 platform, but keeping all the open orders. A scrip to overwrite the lot size to Zero of all orders and again to the required unic lot size for all orders, so all the balances will start again from Zero. jjoosseepp (at) yahoo (dut) com
Due to my suspicion that the genetic optimization uses the wrong side of the list of the values which was returned by OnTester() I tried to change the sign of the results: void MyTester(){        maxBalance = MathMax(maxBalance,AccountBalance());        maxDD = MathMax(maxDD,maxBalance -...
  Organizing Class's  (11   1 2)
hey, my programs are starting to get awfully long, I'm trying to keep everything nice and simple by using big spacing between sections and lots of comments. but is there a way you can have different classes on different pages (and perhaps even have different groups of classes in their own folder)...
I did not find any relevant information in documentation on this site. The question is about difference between those chart windows: and about the property in those chart Properties: I noticed, that if I change this property manually, nothing happens until I restart the terminal. Another...
Raised with ServiceDesk - posted here for visibility (just in case someone is hunting down memory leaks). If there is error in my test case please let me know :) // Singleton Object reported leaked but is only allocated exactly once and deleted exactly once... #property strictclass Singleton {...
Hi, I have Expert advisor, that creates some label object in init(). I noticed that adding EA on chart causes MetaTrader4 to store chart profile on disk, but it happens before my object is created, so created object data is not stored in chart profile. I need to readd EA again, change profile or...
hi, Im new to the world of EA's and was wondering if someone will be able to steer me in the right direction or even write it for me? The rules are: On the 15min chart any pair -If there is a candle that closes higher then open but only buy 2 or more pips difference (bull), only if it appear after...
[Deleted]
Last year was my first year trading Forex. I had 1220 transactions. In my EA each signal kicked off 4 to 5 trades. I downloaded the trade transaction data from my broker and then purchased an after market product that I thought would convert this data into a TXF file for import into TurboTax. In...
  Commission Info  (1)
Hello, is it possible to get the info abouth commission before a order is open? I know there is a function OrderCommission() with which you can get the value, but when you have no order open, is it also possible to get this info before you open a order?
[Deleted]
  What does Point Size mean?  (11   1 2)
I actually want to send an order with predefined exakt stop and limit levels. OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lotsize,Ask,3,Bid-Stopdist*Point,Ask+Limitdist*Point,0,Green); This is what you find in the documentation.. I havent found the meaning of the above "Point". What is a Point Size of a currency? I'd...
i am a newbie to mql4, so please need some help now, as i said above, How to create a indicator buffer which will draw a chart of the gap between previous candles close and current candles open price?
[Deleted]
installed mt4 from instaforex on my new windows tablet. the app was immediately updated to build 610. copied a customer indicator as usual to folder experts>indicators. but the new indicator doesnt show up in mt4. as always, you close and reopen mt4 after copying the file into the mentioned...
Buenas tardes Podría alguien por favor decirme porque cuando quiero descargar datos del centro de historiales de mt4, me aparecen los errores mencionados abajo y como podría solucionarlos. En asistencia al cliente de alpari y de fxcm no me dan ninguna solución.. Yo estoy sospechando que la nueva...
Hi, On my VPS I installed the Windows updates and after re-start (only) 1 terminal (out of 6) was NOT started by my script. 1) I went into the folder and tried to start it my self but nothing ?? 2) I tried to start it from console (in its folder): terminal.exe (sz 7,791 kB dtd 14.02.2014), with...
[Deleted]
Hi,I've hust registered in MQL4 and i want to ask if somebody khows,an indicator that shows the distance between the price and Moving averages on the chart in real time. It would be very helpful to me,because i try to follow 5 to 6 Currency pairs,and i cannot to remember all the data for all of...
  fibo levels + %$  (5)
Hello A question about Fibonacci tools tips. On this snapshot, under green ellipse there are fibo levels and under red rectangle there are prices ----------------------------------- In fibo retracement tool when you add %$ in Fibo \ Fibo Levels \ Description as shown in...
[Deleted]
[My issue is that I can't get a response from Don or Forexrobottrader support regarding the hard-coded EA 's that get automatically sent out from their web site. I've bought and use several of their EA's successfully - the Equity trail with the new Fractal Pterodactyl works really well - but the...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to create a label with a light blue background and black writing. I want to do this so the writing stands out more. I've tried to use the OBJPROP_BGCOLOR with both ObjectSet and ObjectSetInteger but the ID seems to have no effect on the label. Any suggestions would be...
  QUESTION - File Function  (16   1 2)
I am using FileOpen(filename,FILE_BIN|FILE_WRITE ) to write EA produced data to a file in files folder and is automatically updated as data values change. Then use FileOpen(filename,FILE_BIN|FILE_READ ) in an Indicator to use this data. This works great. The problem is when using the Strategy Tester...
Raised on Service Desk EDIT: Posted here for visibility. // Dynamic Array of objects is leaked. #property strictclass MyClass {};MyClass array[2];MyClass single;int OnInit()  {   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);  }void OnDeinit(const int reason)  {  }void OnTick()  {  } Output: 2:15:36 Expert static2 EURUSD...
I follow (or better followed as I was automatically unsubscribed) Johnpaul77 https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/30745 Today he opened a position NQH4 which apparently is not supported by my broker. My journal shows: 2014.03.14 16:11:12.755 '2100017921': Signal - subscription disabled 2014.03.14
  iBarShift issue  (3)
Build 216. Is it normal that an exact iBarShift to return a bar number even if it's not there? I am looking for a specific date, something @14:45 for instance, on the H1, with exact=true, and it returns a bar number on H1, though all hourly bars begin @:00 . Is that normal or is a bug? I had to...
Hello to you all. A newbie but very keen to learn. I have some indicators and experts I wish to add to mt MT4 but although doing it all as I should they are not coming up when program is opened. They show up in the programs folders as they should do but nowhere to be found in MT4. I must be doing