MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 749

[Deleted]
Hi peeps, I'm a bit confused as I've had an EA ( Drag SLTP ) working before which let me drag SLs and TPs by mouse without needing manual confirmation. Previously I disabled manual confirmation by unchecking it in Tools/Options and in the Properties of the EA...however Ive recently got a new PC...
I'd like to be able to see my entry, exit, and profit/loss angle line on my chart after setting up a manual trade, like I do when using an EA.  I hate setting up a trade, then having to shuffle through the account balance to analyze it. Is there an option for having these graphics printed on screen...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to suspend pending orders temporarily in MT4?  Eg. There is a news event that I want to avoid due to it's effects on the market, but I have dozens of pending orders set, which I would rather not cancel & have to re-set after the event has passed. If I could just "suspend" them from...
I don't have this error previously but suddenly this "Array out of range" appear when I tried to execute the EA. Somehow, it's not giving any error during compiling in MetaEditor so far. Thanks. for (int a = 0; a < ArraySize(Pairs); a++)    {        string     CurrentPair = Pairs[a];        double...
Hi guys, I have almost never used the strategy tester and so I have some problems with testing a trailing-stop I just coded. I chose a pair, a timeframe and the dates from yesterday until today. I saw the chart opened and the first bars were printed. That's something I have seen before when testing...
I have defined an external variable as follows: extern bool Level = false; During program execution I need to change "Level" from false to true so I open the properties window and change it. No problem. Then I go away and leave the program running and whilst I am away certain things happen which...
Problem – GlobalVariable Search Time The time required for searches of global variables is atleast an order of magnitude slower than accessing variables through an array.Testing has shown it to be at least 40 times faster to directly read from adouble data type array of global variable values than...
[Deleted]
Hi, i am creating my own Ea, i don't know of programming, so i contracted a programmer to help me. I am developing my Ea in the way i see what is doing for me. But i need to make some changes, maybe can somebody help me? What the Ea does: - Its a grid Ea, works with pending orders - it opens a buy...
hello ;  i want to get list of all receiving quotes symbols programatiaclly..Can i do this?
Is there an easy way to write a script to list out all of the symbols available to MT4 for that broker?
Hi, I have the following code for a oneshot timer: int OnInit(){   if (EventSetTimer(3) == false) {      int lastError = GetLastError();      Print("Timer init Failed: ", ErrorDescription(lastError));   }   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);}void OnTimer(){   Print("Handling Timer");   EventKillTimer();} I get...
  MT4 very slow  (2)
I use 2 computers for live trading the EURUSD As volumes were high last hour, MT4 on one of the computers was very slow and MT4 on the other  had no problem. I restarted the computer but there was no difference.  Wat can cause this slowing down? Both computers have the same internet connection,...
Hello every one, i am modifying an existing indicator according my way of trading. And i want the arrow (in fact point) drawn just one time, not on each candle until the next reversal signal. Can anyone help me ? Regards. Here is the code...
Hi, just wondering is it possible to divide my source code - which is getting quite big - into separate files and include it to main *.mq4. But of course I need access from main *.mq4 to variables and functions in other files?
Hi When trying do backtest my EA, MT4 600 b646 start crashing. Sometime imediatly afetr frist interaction. The EA does well under prior builds. I've alredy compile under 509, and run on 646, fails. Also have attached the EA on a EURUSD  window and fails again Can someone give me an hint. Regards...
[Deleted]
when opening the expert properties window, to enter input parameters for the expert, there is no "OK"/"Cancel" buttons. I see only the "reset" button. it happens both: 1. on the pop-up window when trying to assign expert to a graph, 2. on the strategy analysis pop-up window when setting...
  403 Error!  (2)
HI everybody! I was surfin mql5.com and mql4.com normally and all of a sudden I get the 403 error. Now I cannot access to mql5.com at all and mql4.com is almost limited. Luckily the forum works... Please help!
Hi, I have observed a case where 'OrderSend' function returned a non positive int indicating it had failed; and GetLastError() returned 6 indicating ERR_NO_CONNECTION, however it had actually submitted the order. My code assumed ERR=6 as a temp failure and retried an OrderSend, and succeeded, and...
I would like to use my slow MA current price as Entry point after 2 MA cross.  But my current MA EA, the entry point is either ask or bid after 2 MA cross.   The coding to open an order in my EA is shown as below:- 1) Buy Order:  ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,aStopLoss...
plz help with this code   #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_minimum 0#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 Blue//---- input parametersextern int ExtStdDevPeriod=7;extern int ExtStdDevMAMethod=0;extern int ExtStdDevAppliedPrice=0;extern int...
Hi, I am a new programmer. I have read the book and documentation.  I have been searching my question on icustom. How can i find the last signal produced by my custom indicator without knowing how many bars back the last one appeared? The indicator paints a line, and may not have painted again...
[Deleted]
Hi guys. I'm having a problem closing all of my orders at one time. I am opening up a position that is either long EU and short GU or short EU and long GU when there is a pip difference at different level. I am opening up to 12 order total, 6 each. When the pais converge I want all of these orders...
[Deleted]
Hi when you search for a function like for example DoubleToStr or DoubleToStr() it no longer returns links to the documentation nor book. What's up!
[Deleted]
I am trying to write a section in my EA that will delete a pending order if a signal is received to enter a trade. I have tried a couple of ways which are pasted below. Basically the script should find the most recent (unopened) BUYSTOP and close it if there is a signal to open a SELLSTOP...
Hey guysI use a dll to request a url and receive response, it works when I didn't update mt4 version, when I update it to buid 646, I always get unreadable codes from http response. can someone take a look at it? if the code is ok, should I use other compile tools? thank you very much! source...
Hi I downloaded Metatrader mt4setup.exe in my Windows from http://www.metatrader4.com/traders ( MetaTrader 4 is a free-of-charge program specially designed for online trading in the Forex market. ) When I try to use it, it says you have to deposit money. See attached file Is not free to use? Is
  MT4 build 646  (1)
I have encountered a problem with the current time, while using an ea, that is suppose to work at a specific time.  The ea has worked perfectly, until this update. Im including a screenshot so that you can understand the situation.  Pay attention to the times and the time left until the trade....
How to confirm modified time ?
What difference ?
Hi, I Have some code like this: MqlRates rates[];datetime  starttime = iTime("GBPUSD", PERIOD_M1, 0);CopyRates("USDSAR", PERIOD_D1, starttime, 20, rates); I get the following error 4051: Invalid function parameter value. I've used the starttime from GBPUSD once and stored in a global variable, so...