MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 640

I am doing demo trading where an EA (called "Morning System") places pending trades which I then manage further. Now and then (so far it happened two times out of 45 trades) MT4 opens and closes a trade after the closing time of the original trade with an incorrect lot size (based on a parameter in
Hi all,   I am trying to put together an EA but have a few issues. I can only get the EA to open buy orders. I am unable to placea stoploss due to error 130m so i tried ordermodify. I am new to coding my own ea so I am struggling with this. Can anyone have a look and point out my errors and how to...
New article Drawing Dial Gauges Using the CCanvas Class has been published on mql5.com: We can find dial gauges in cars and airplanes, in industrial production and everyday life. They are used in all spheres which require quick response to behavior of a controlled value. This article describes the...
[Deleted]
Hi, i have many csv files by data and want to import to metatrader; i dont know how can i do this. thanks for information and answers about how importing offline data as many .csv files to metatrader
could any one explain for us how to generate this wave , as i don't understand it thanks in advance   --------------  Any object vibrating will produce a wave as a function  of time. That is to say, all vibration produces a wave  form . . . momentum up . . . momentum down. Price  vibration in the...
When I hit Ctrl+F to activate crosshair for my cursor, it will only stay until I click the mouse on the screen and then it will revert back to the pointer mode.  Why is that? Why doesn't it stay that way?   Thanks 
Apparently Alpari UK used to be one of the only brokers to trade carbon emissions until they were dissolved earlier this year. Does anyone know of any other broker where I can trade carbon emissions on a demo account, or find tick data for some back testing?
Im looking to print the following value :3  as 00003 value :124 as 00124 value :8324 as 08324 in this case it would be 5 characters..  is it possible? Thanks               
Hello I'm just checking with more experienced developers of MT4 than me that there really is no way of upgrading multiple charts' EAs simultaneously? I have a 28 symbol strategy, and although I use a profile to set up all 28 charts arranged as I like on my Terminal, with template assigned, when I...
I started my trading on Mt4 and get used to it. Mt5 is advanced version and I tried on it also. But I was not comfortable with it; maybe I am used to mt4 now. Did the same thing happen to you abot trading platforms ? 
I use Tickstory to download data for testing in MT4 Strategy Tester. When I download the data in CSV format and import them into MT4, the results in "Every Tick" model and "Open Prices only" model are the same, with a tiny difference. But when I download the data with Tickstory's "Export to MT4"...
Please help me rewrite this code to draw vertical line on charts instead of opening trades. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| This MQL is generated by Expert Advisor Builder                  | //|                http://sufx.core.t3-ism...
Hello, was wondering if anybody had any answers to why my mt4 platforms crash when inserting some indicators after downloading? all indicators are in the correct folders. Using windows 7. i emailed one provider of the indicator i bought and they didn't seem to have the answers to why it was...
what does pipspercandle mean?
[Deleted]
  FileWrite  (9)
Hi, I'm trying to create my own log of my trading actions. I'm using FileWrite which keeps writing the first line over and over again. How do I write to a logkeeping each entry on a separate line? Many thanks, T
Dear fellow traders, I am working on a strategy on EURUSD, that is based on Martingale but with a stop after the 3rd open position, and without any indicators. It should work like this (let's assume there is no spread): - On EURUSD, at all times, but I expect profits to be better during active...
bool mh = OrderSelect(tck, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_HISTORY );bool mt = OrderSelect(tck, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES );Print("mh: ", mh, "  mt: ", mt, "  OrderClosePrice(): ", OrderClosePrice()); That is my code.  I am running MT4 build 840. Using the history tester What is the problem?  BOTH the...
  what "MQLTICK" ?  (3)
hi I've researched a lot I did not find a comprehensive definition of the Code MqlTick Can you give a definition of the role of this code thank you.
I don't know if this is a MQL4 question or a Windows question. This has happened a couple of times now with a demo account. I don't want to lose a live account this way:  • I make a mistake in a Custom indicator, infinite loop for example, the terminal freezes and I have to close it through the...
Can someone tell me if it is possible to code an EA to draw a linear regression channel and open and close trades on breaks from the channel??
Had installed MT4 from FXCM download, but same thing happens when installing from MT4 download on this site.  Program appears to install normally, but as soon as the install completes, if I go to "Default Programs" and click on "Associate a file type or protocol with a program", the window briefly...
I need to write mql code to find london market open hours and broker mt4 server difference from any broker? whichever broker i use the ea must get the london market open hour and broker mt4 server difference by using mql code? Please support me to get the clue/idea?
Hi, as i trade with multicharts i need to beam the ticks with the integrated DDEServer of MT4. I compared the dde ticks with the one, i get in the onTick() method of an ea. i only added: printf (MarketInfo("GBPCAD",MODE_BID) ); So i think there should be no performance issue. i reduced the
What can be done if pending order triggered late. I mean how you take this particular case with your broker.
Hello folks,   I have the this sample data in my .csv file:   1,0.31,1.3,2.1 2,1.52,1.1,2.3 3,2.1,1.8.3.1 n+1,n,n,n and i would like to sort the rows on a descending order by the second column keeping the row values intact and then trim the file and keep the first N rows.   Any insights, code...
Hi, How do I get the chart handle of the last open chart window from Win32 API ? This is from within win32 dll, so I won't have access to the return of ChartOpen, that also returns the handle. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi all, anyone noticed or commented on fact that ALL currencies are now back at their late 2007 early 2008 levels/ trading channels? And that currency movements intelligently pre-led the Lehman Brothers Collapse by weeks and months! Food for thought!   GotMetal15 
Hello A thought has crossed my mind, in those circumstances where high impact news causes a massive gap in the market/chart, if I have an open long near neither stop or take profit, and the gap changes the price down to below my stop loss, would the trade server automatically close the trade, or...