MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 504

installing MT4 problem  (32   1 2 3 4)
I am installing the Alpari MT4 , and the program is installed , but w hen I try to run the program ( click to MT4) , the screen becomes transparent, and get a message saying that " MetaTrader stopped working" . I tried disabling antivirus and firewall ( NOD32 ) , installing it in and out of program
MT4 works at reconnecting when connection fails, only if its utilizing *the same device* to reconnect. Sometimes fails to reconnect automatically even if its the same device. We still have to manually reconnect, which is not viable for me. I live in a place where the connection  is really unstable....
Hi, I am trying to vreate an EA. 1 of the things the EA ust do, Is to close an order when the 3 over 5 EMA conditions are met on the open of a new candle. When I try this in the strategy tester, i looks fine, but on a live account it doesn't work.  Maybe it is a slippage issue? Or is the code wrong?...
I have a weird problem... Testing a EA, runs fine produces a backtest.  But the second time I run a backtest with the EA (or any EA for that matter), MT4 immediately hangs and I have to kill it.  It doesn't matter if I try to run with different parameters, a different EA, or if just hit "Start"...
  MT4 installation  (1)
Hi Peoples - please can anyone help - I had MT4 (32 bit) running OK on my machine - I had to install the x64 version - I deleted the x32, purged and restarted the device and then installed the x64 direct from the MT website the install procures all charts with "Waiting for Updates" -I have tried...
hello at all, it is possible to replace the ilow () function or iCLose () with a string? I tried so but does not work: extern string CloseHigh ="iLow"; // Switch iLow or iCloseCloseHigh(0,0,1)); //iLow(0,0,1)); or iClose(0,0,1));
Good day Guys, can any one help me fix this problem? I'm trying to build a Grid Line Indicator and its saying Array is out of Range. Here is the source Code : #property strict#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 clrWhiteextern double   RSMAX=2...
  datetime to Epoch??  (11   1 2)
hi everyone   do you know some way to convert a date '09.09.2014 18:32:47'  or the current time and date to Epoch???   thanks for help   yhoyo     
Hi there everyone I am a total newbie to trading and coding, I tried coding a simple EA to test a strategy I had in mind but the code is not being compiled. The first error(s) which I think are the main problem is as follows:" ' iMA ' - constant expected " which repeats for the three instances I
  eas doesnt work  (11   1 2)
Hii friends, Why many eas doesnt work on my pc? a lot warnings or error looks. Thanks
Hi, I have been trading for some years now and would like to learn coding my own Expert Advisors using my trading strategies. I have completed a MQL4 course for beginners which was good, but I want to / need to learn more before I can code by myself. I don't have any previous experience in C or C++
Hi! I copied a list. When the trader open a postion with size 0.02 my metratrader copy the position with size 0.01. Why my MT4 dont copy the original size?? I'm using a VPS with the MT4. I attach my configuration. Thanks
Dear All, I had my metatrader system and default profile crash unsavedwhen my laptop crashed after over heating. I've reopened metatrader and my defaultprofile is loaded but the alarms have all been lost. Any new alarms that I sethave the conditions and counters and limits are all grayed out except...
Hi at all! MT4, I was doing a good backtesting optimization of a EA. I found a good combination of input values, it was giving good results, but he was not finished and I left my computer to work. I do not know if it finished the backtesting, but I found my computer restarts. Please, does anyone...
  OrderSend Problem  (11   1 2)
hey i am a rookie in programming, i have the following problem: Compiler says: 'OrderSend' - declaration without type What i should do? Code: // BUY ORDER DEFINITION OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotSize,Ask,Slippage,BuyStopLoss,BuyTakeProfit,"Buy Order",MagicNumber,0,Green);   // Sell...
Axctually I am a amateur in expert programming, I have a so many errors after compiling  (9errors) and that expert in MT4 after compiling not loading . somebody can help me? The indicator using for expert is "solar wind joy :)"
Dose anyone know what the input 'slippage' means for the order in the function OrderSend()? It is an integer, but in the MQL4 Reference, it says : "If the requested price is out of date, but present in the thread, the order will be opened at the current price and only if the current price lies...
Halo fellow coder, I'm trying to use function call DoubleToStr(f0_8(), 0) in this way for my chartinfo panelbut the function is not working. This code only showing "Total Orders = 0 ". The function value is freeze.Any other way that can works perfectly  with applying font, color and position of the...
In other platforms, there is an eaasy way to calculate time remianinig till market close , or time passed after market_open... how to do with mql4
Hi friends, I'm going to create a function to put some values in 6 different arrays simultaneously. I want to know whether it is possible to use a loop to get the name of the array and put the name of the mentioned array as the function parameter and make change in it and then again by using the...
  OBVIOUS BUG  (9)
I use the simple code: #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1 double test[]; int OnInit(){   SetIndexBuffer(0, test,INDICATOR_DATA);   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); } int DaysGone = 0; int OnCalculate(const int rates_total, const int prev_calculated, const datetime &time[], const...
Hello, i looked for an answer in previous topic but i didn't find it. Is it possibile in mql4, with a command line in an expert advisor, toggle the Automated Trading (like Ctrl + E) ? Thanks in advance
Hi all, I have a function to store some daily data and this need to be refresh once a new day starts. My EA is put on 1H chart How to go about doing so? Thanks
I am not a advanced programmer, but I have written an EA that I use to open trades for me automatically when an anti-trendline is broken in a certain way. The problem is I cannot test this EA in the Strategy Tester since it requires human intervention to draw this anti-trendline and then put the...
  Ichimoku  (9)
Hi,  I am creating this EA, will open an order when the two lines cross SenkouSpan A and SenkouSpan B.The problem is that it does not open when I cross 26 times forward.It opens the position when the crossing is above or below the y-axis of the current price.place the code maybe someone can help me...
It is so hard to code to make the line (i.e. MyBuffer1) to have different colors while some conditions change... How to do that? Is there any update?
i downloaded an indicator that on a demo made 140% in one day, this is the best indicator i know, but because it is a demo version it stop working and now it is lagging 6 bars with the yellow star signal, can anyone fix the code. thank you.
Hello everyone, I am experiencing problems applying variables "points" and "Spread" to a decimal values. What does the value shown in points mean? How do I get Spread to show only 2 places after the decimal point?     I have attached the values that I received while I was debugging the code. void...
hi,friends: I download an indicator,when it works for a period of time,it will have a rest or not work at all .when reload it or turn the chart from m5 to m1,it works well again,the sign appears!! it is very strange, may you help me solve it ? thanks #property indicator_chart_window #property...
When I call ChartReDraw() on a chart, it increase my memory usage 5.5MB. If I have 10 charts, then it is 55MB. ChartReDraw() is also called by CCanvas::Update(). So if you have a CCanvas Object, then you just waste 5.5MB on nothing. WindowReDraw() does not increase memory usage. Is it memory leak?