MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 172

Hello there super coder, I am hitting my head to a wall for not understanding what's going on wrong in a code I am debugging: for my last EA I am working on a daily chart, and I need to check values of several assets when the new candle is formed (on my broker it's at 23.00 CEST), accessing candle
  Mt4 terminal  (1)
I need help please. My my mt4 terminal is not working. I tried to reboot my computer. I also installed and uninstalled the terminal many time already but still doesn't open. I already contacted my broker but nothing much they can do to fix. All other broker's terminal are functioning except the
Does anyone know why i cant search/find any server in my terminal? I did search by “open an account” but the only server that listed is only broker’s server, i used to manage to find another broker yesterday, but today i try again with many kind mt4 terminal’s broker and cant find anything
Hi All, I am currently new to MT4 and I want to compute for the pips with minimal hard coding. When coding for currency AUDCHF, I get the following info from MarketInfo(): 1. Lot Size = 100000 2. Tick Value = 1.089... 3. Tick Size = 1e-05 What I want to do is that I have an integer pip value that I
Suddenly my MT4 can not load EAs and Indicators. I restart the computer and MT4 many times but still same. Please let me know how to fix this issue. 2020.12.28 11:24:26.640 cannot load 'C:\Users\diet2\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\1DAFD9A7C67DC84FE37EAA1FC1E5CF75\MQL4\Experts\Market\Shepherd
Hello , I want to know how can have indicator on chart when I am running expert on strategy tester in mt4? as I see indicator showed when strategy test finish
void OnTick() { if [(PRICE_CLOSE > PRICE_CLOSE[1]) & (PRICE_WEIGHTED > PRICE_OPEN[1])] { OrderSelect(0,SELECT_BY_POS); OrderClose(OrderTicket(),1,Bid,100,clrBlack); OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,100,0,0,NULL,0,0,clrAliceBlue); } if ((PRICE_CLOSE < PRICE_CLOSE [1]) & (PRICE_WEIGHTED <
Please I really dont know how to get listed on MT4 as a trading server. I really need help on this
when trading crypto, some of them are like 900 points from open to BE and others are only 200, as well as the difference between forex and for example natural gas or oil, the pip values are drastically different, as well as my broker has stop levels set, which sometimes (if your unfamiliar with the
Hi friends, working on this EA, it is suposed to close all trades if some conditions are met, but it keeps giving this error, any ideas? thanks in advance for the help.. i am not really a programer, just taking bits of code and adding some things but this one i cant make it work... if
Good morning companions. I wanted to make a small information box to monitor an Expert Advisor, using the Testing Statistics (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/environment_state/statistics) I was wondering if it is possible to use these variables to get the trading results statistics from a
I'd like to create a RadioGroup with some RadioButtons: With the "AddItem" function i can add radiobuttons into the RadioGroup. I use the mql4 controls classes. I know there is already an existing Radiogroup file but It's not for my use and I need to create my own. So, if I udnerstand right, I need
Hi, I have problems with OrderModify error 130 and 'OrderModify 1, but I don't understand why, this is the code from where I modify it void OpenTrade( string sym, int tmode, double tsize){ int err = 0 , ticket = 0 ; double TP = 0 , SL = 0 ; if (!IsTradeAllowed()){ while ( true ){
Need to close order when price reaches to certain level. its simple but I couldn't make it. I am a newbie, appreciate your help. example below. double Ticket, Openprice, Lot, Tp=150; Symb= Symbol (); // Security name for ( int i= 1 ; i>= OrdersTotal (); i++)
[Deleted]
Hi seniors, In the MetaTrader Trade Terminal, I see the following figures (and my understanding of their meaning -:)) - Balance: the amount before orders are placed - Equity: balance + gain/loss not yet realized of open orders - Margin: this figure is set to be different from dealers to dealers. For...
Hi, Lately when I open my MT4 platform, there is a gap in data(candles) on the chart (attached chart with missing data - the blue area). I think it is because an indicator I attached to other chart. The data(candles) isn't fill even when I right click and "refresh chart". I only succeed to fill the
Hi! i found a indicator script on the net which suit for me . this indicator draw and alert when crossing specific above and below line. But one lack of function is when break out line it alert but there is no limit bar . i want to set 5 bars so if i set 5 bars i want to receive alert in 5 bars
Hello, I am using an EA within MT4. I want to do specific things without changing the EA's code. 1. Is it possible to limit the push notifications to my phone? For example I want to receive alerts for TP, SL, margin call,open order etc., but not for changes regarding editing the TP or SL. 2. Is it
  MT4 on Mac  (6)
Hi, I'm unable to install the MT4 platform on my Mac (macOS Mojave). Is the problem the older mac operating system? I'm reluctant to upgrade my OS since I then experience power shutdown problems. Any suggestions
hello i have a indicator which check break out price line. here we can see Red line is sell line and Blue is buy line. when price break Red sell line i want to get alert vice versa Blue buy line. but i want to wait upto 2 bars until Red or Blue signal bar break out signal bar. for instance, below
[Deleted]
Hello everyone I want a code, but whatever I think I can not get the result We have an expert who opens 1 position in a row with every 10 pips (We have no problem so far) Now I want to write a code that checks all the positions with the opening of each position to see where we are at the opening of
hi, i need your help on both indicators. I would simply like to add that the alerts are only triggered on closed candle because otherwise I have too many false signals. I would really like very much that you can make me this very small modification. I am a young student so I would like to do it
Hi I wrote a test ea and while back testing , MT4 stops and i see this message in the journal tab: Access violation read to 0x00000003 in 'C:\Users\H\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\E05C74117B3E2588F72872BDDB509419\MQL4\Experts\2020-Test.ex4' after that if I click on start button again MT4
Dear Forum members, I am using Metastock and Reuters DataLink for my data feed, and have created some proprietary indicators / models. Some of these indicators use data not available in MT4 as provided by brokers. I would like to have these indicators into MT4, but I am not sure how to achieve this
Hello, I am still learning MQL4. I have written this code as part of my EA. double maxLossDollar = (MathRound(AccountEquity()/100) * 100) * maxLossPerc; Alert ("maxLossDollar: " + maxLossDollar); The above code Rounds up to nearest 100 when the balance is between x50.01 to x99.99. Any guidance
If I were to develop an expert advisor using indicators with different timeframes, would it work only being installed in one chart on MT4? For example: I'll use EMA on H4, and then MACD on M15 double MA = iMA ( Symbol (), PERIOD_H4 , 26 , 0 , 1 , 0 , 1 ); double MACDBase = iMACD ( Symbol ()
Hi, Im still a newbie though. Maybe i still havent discovered smth yet, bu I was wondering MQL has callback functions for whatever events are happening. The similar way you have a start() or init(), having functions like on_order_close() or on_new_period_start() would be nice. Event driven...
iBarShift - MQL4 Documentation states that when a match is not found it returns the nearest (exact == false). In tester (Build 500) on M15 bar <2001.02.19 01:30>, iBarShift returned 11, for a request of <2001.02.18 22:00> Time[11] = <2001.02.16 21:00> 49 hours earlier - Last bar before market close...
I am trying to open trades in loop depending on the variable value (4,6 or 10 trades) but it sometimes miss the trades, meaning if its supposed to open 10 trades then it will open only 8 or 9 or 7 trades , and if its supposed to open 4 trades its ends up opening only 3 ,2 or 1 trade here is my code
Evening people. Second time posting and the feedback is incredible really pushing my learning along. so my final issue with this EA is i backtest it yet it places no trades at all. Sometimes ill see it says "limit" trade and even then it wont be filled. Below is my code and any corrections and advic