MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1158

[Deleted]
Following EA is one I downloaded somewhere and I modified the Money Management part of it. Before it took a percentage of the account balance, but now I modified it to calculate max drawdown based on the stoploss that yu set. Now, I use a broker with fractional pips, so 200 pips is really 20 pips....
  critical error !  (2)
hi members ! my problem is that i copied over mt4 from my windows vista laptop to my new windows seven laptop. I get critical error warning msg when running strategy tester and in the text it still thinks it is running on vista, even after i uninstalled and reinstalled many times. any advice welcome...
  need help!!!  (3)
i wrote a EA, but it could not run. In journal of tester, it say "Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\BACERA PRO TRADER\experts\JEFF LEUNG.ex4' on the," Anyone can tell me what error I might had made? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi I am using StrToTime and I am trying to get it to start from 12:00 on the previous day, I have this but it is not working correctly, can anyone help please: {t=StrToTime("00:00")-(1440)+(12*3600);} //I am trying to get 00:00 on the day before plus 12 hours to give me 12:00 the previous day Thanks...
To be able to run a strategy test I need enough data. Default there is only about a month's data with the first test. Is there a possibility to force getting more data? Or any place to find data from this broker?
[Deleted]
  Is it possible?  (1)
I posted this already but it was under the wrong topic and didnt get any response. Here is my question: Is it possible to run 1 account off 2 different computers? eg. I have a computer at work and at home. I have the mt4 platform downloaded on both computers. I want to run 1 account between these 2...
[Deleted]
Hi there, The attached EA that I downloaded doesnt want execute any live trades, but when I run it through the 'Strategy Tester' it picks up the signals just fine. I make sure that the periods of my graphs MA's are set according to the EA's periods. I have also made sure that the EA is enabled on my...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to program a stop that is equal to the length of the last candle? Or any multiple of the length of the last candle? I have a manual strategy that I would love to get programmed into an EA, I'm just unsure if this is possible to "program." Thanks
[Deleted]
How to calculate minimum distance from Market Price for pending orders OP_BUYSTOP and OP_SELLSTOP to be placed?
Hello, Based on another non MT4 system i have a list of entries. I have written an EA that manages closing the positions and wanted to test it in Strategy tester. I think there a 2 options: [1] manually open trades when strategy tester plots the candles, can it be done in any way? [2] I tried...
  Last Order  (2)
How can I access the last closed order?
I've noticed that the indicator signals given in forward-testingin realtime are more frequent, and do not match up to the signals ifthe indicator is run over the same data historically (hope youunderstand what I mean). When an indicator is first added to a chart, Iknow it calculates a large number...
Hi everyone, I am new to MQL4 programing. And I have few questions bothering me a lot. I really hope that someone can help me out. (I want write a program can run a long period) Question 1:How long can a program stay in "int start()" stage: I know the "int start()" will start only when the program...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm playing around with scripts, and I have the following -very useless- script (for testing). T int start() { for (int i = 0; i < 200; i++) { OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.01, Ask, 0, Ask-500*Point, Ask+500*Point); } return(0); } Obviously, this is supposed to create 200 orders. However, after
dear sir,any knows mt4 in mobile,plz guide me
Dear All, especially for experienced programer & metaquotes software writers... if there is one really complex function to be calculated before send an order, Please tell me which one is faster (to compute a complex function) 1. Use Library for process a complex function? 2. Use Individual script...
[Deleted]
Hi I have this RSI that calculates highest and lowest RSI values of the day: int NewPeackRsi(string buy_sell,int bar=0){        int i,x,y,t,pt;        static double prewHi...
Downloading https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookenglish.chm gives a broken file...
[Deleted]
Newbie here. Trying to download the MQL4 Book to my tablet PC so I can start reading up during my morning commute. Internet is not consistently available on the Metro, so download is preferred. However, when I try to open MQL4BookEnglish.chm after downloading it to my Windows 7, 32-bit tablet PC,...
I would like to write a simple indicator (UP or DOWN arrow) that would display based on something like the following: For UP arrow: Williams%R (9) crossing from below -80 to above within last 2 candles AND Slow Stochastic (10.9.6) %K crossing above %D within the last 2 candles AND Last candle CLOSE
[Deleted]
I am trying (what I belive) something ralatively simple. Looping back i bars getting the close price of each bar. Putting the close price of the particular bar to an array and then accessing it returns 0. What am I doing wrong? I guess it's syntax, but I don't know what..... see code below: Thanks...
[Deleted]
me : broker forex Forex trading is pointed out as the most profitable media fast. but much speculation that underlie this forex trading makes the fate of the merchant becomes erratic and have a tendency to lazy to work. velocity of money just on the financial sector alone while the real sector are...
[Deleted]
  Ex4 files  (1)
If we have an ex4, is there any way to convert it to source code file(metaquotes language 4 file)?
I have a strategy I would like to be programmed into an EA. I have all of the functional requirements I need, but I could really use some help brainstorming non-functional requirements I will need to tell the coder. As it is my first EA to be coded, the help is much appreciated! So far I have...
Hi, all I have a excel which can receive the realtime data but I can't draw a realtime chart from that. So I am wondering whether it's possible to let MT4 read that data and draw the chart for me. Have anybody done that before or who knows some feasible solution? Thanks very much! Miao
  Email  (172   1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18)
Email. Just to keep everything in one place. It is the links: - How to set e-mail in MT4 (full explanation with images and everything from Codersguru); - PriceChannel_Stop_v1.2 indicator with alert and email/sms; - Code to send email alerts when closed trades... ; - Setting up the email option in
Hello. I want to save in txt same values when an trader was open. I thing that the best way is in each tick, verify if an trader was opened... How Can I do this? I need to verify if an trader was opened and to verify this, in each tick... Thanks for help...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm looking for a code example how to access the custom indicator ADX_WildersDMI_v1m in e EA. I'm looking for the correct sequence of parameter using the iCustom command. Any tips are welcome. Thanks....
Hi All, I am adding an indicator B on a window containing an other indicator A. I realize that indicator B has a different value than the one it would have if it was dropped alone. Do you know how I could extract indicator B values through an EA when B is dropped on indicator A? Many thanks for...
[Deleted]
  OrderModify  (1)
Dear All, I have this code in my Expert: for(i=0;i<OrdersTotal()-1;i++) { Print("Profits modified"); OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if(OrderTakeProfit()!=new_profit) {...