MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1138

Title says it all. This is what I am using, but I seem to be running into issues with brokers who minimum trail is 0.00003 rather than 0.00030. if (TrailingStop < (MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)/ broker_digits + MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD)/ broker_digits +1)){ //checks if trail is <...
dose any one have the indicator that will write the difference between open & close on every candle on chart ?
I was wondering if someone knows exactly what is the meaning behind the Value of Trade Operations : e.g. https://docs.mql4.com/constants/trading Does it mean that operations with lower value has higher priority during the execution of the program ? or something else ?
What are the limitations with MT4's Expert Advisers? Can you create an EA that trades a 5 minute chart of the EUR/USD based upon custom indicators or scripts from a 1 hour chart of the EUR/GBP?
[Deleted]
Hi guys. I want ask for help. I have indicator that alert me always on every candle when ADX main line is aiming up. Problem is that I want only alert on the first candle when this ADX is stating aiming up. I don't need it every candle because it is very annoying. Can anybody help me what I must add...
[Deleted]
Hello All! As I mentioned in my previous posts, im a total newbie, and my questions might seem stupid for some of you, but could you please explain me, if there is any way to modify take profit & stop loss levels according to the daily range of a currency(maybe using average true range, or average...
The Topic about says it: How can I get an EA to close the chart it is on after the last trade on it closes ? Thanks for any and all assistance.
  Lot size calculation  (22   1 2 3)
Hi there, I'm trying to figure something out but ... I'll try to explain. I have $50000 account and I prefer to risk on every trade 3% of it. This is $1500. The standard lot normally yields $10 for 1 pip. Right ? So divide 1500 by 10 means I have 150 pips price channel for the market which I can...
Hi, I can't understand, what I am doing wrong! First I send an order without TP and SL. After that I use this function: void Order_modify()  {   double spread = Ask-Bid;      for(int i=0;i<=OrdersTotal();i++)     {      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;      if(OrderSymbol()...
[Deleted]
Hello, I just built my first EA, and I tried to test it in the strategy tester. Data is complete, other EA work on the same properties on GBPJPY nad GBPUSD, so I dont understand why isnt my EA working? It turns out that the EA did not open any trades on these pairs, where as it does work correctly...
[Deleted]
This happens to me occasionally and I can't figure out why. I've searched throughout the forum and tried numerous changes for the last hour and can't figure it out: I keep getting a "Open_Short - variable not defined" error...whereas my Open_Long variable works perfectly. Obviously they're both...
I have been backtesting my EA with a GMT shift of +2 as Alpari is currently GMT+2 In the winter they will change to GMT+1. Would I need to change the GMT shift to +1 then, or keep it as it is? I am confused as to if the results when backtesting during GMT+1 time would be the same as testing now with...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a newbie on MT4, but a client requires development with MT4 API. Is there a way to run a free demo and unlimited version. This would be to build a Development environment, not commercial version of course. Many Thanks
  CPU Efficiency  (5)
From the point of view of computer efficiency and resources, if I want to find the maximum of 3 real numbers, Val1, Val2 and Val3, should I use two sets of IF statements: if( Val1 > Val2) { if( Val1 > Val3) Maximum = Val1; else Maximum = Val3; } else if( Val2 > Val3) Maximum = Val2; else Maximum =...
On Saturday, May 13, the new build 402 of the MetaTrader 4 will be released: Fixed timezone correction when downloading history data to History Center. Fixed freezing of mobile terminals during startup and LiveUpdate on the HTC devices.Fixed bugs reported in error messages.The live update will be...
My EA uses a GMT offset extern int. Oanda is 4 hours behind GMT. The GMT integer is therefore set to -4. However, this causes a problem as the EA recognises the hard coded time (2:00am) - GMT (-4) as (-2) so there is no trade. I need the EA to recognise 2 (hard coded time) -4 (GMT offset) as 22....
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I've been thinking about starting to trade with a Cyprus broker, since Cyprus is fastly becoming a worldwide hub for forex trading brokers. Infrastructure is also great. So can you help me out with suggesting some brokers? Also i was wondering if there are any brokers that offer bonuses....
Hi, I am trying to run the same EA concurrently on 2 different brokers. I realized that due to the different timezones, (broker1 is from UK, broker2 is from Asia) the OHLC data on PERIOD_D1 for the currency pairs are different. I want to standardize my indicator values to OHLC data based on GMT only...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was just wondering where the data feeds get stored? Is the history folder the only place that the data gets stored i.e. in the .hst files? Also, what is the latency of the updates of this data? As soon as it's downloaded it's in the file?
Hi Anyone so kind has the MT4 EA code for 4 EMA/ SMA crossover ?? thank u so much
Hi, I have writen an Expert Advisor with the following code lines: Print("Minute: ", TimeToStr(Time[0]), " LastMinuteTime: ", TimeToStr(lastMinuteTime));                        if(lastMinuteTime != Time[0])                        {Print("**");...
[Deleted]
I find a intresting thing: if you drag your indicator to your metaeditor you will find like this : if you drag "macd" then print =MT4|INDICATOR!MACD drag "atr" will print =MT4|CUSTOMINDICATOR!ATR .....and so on this is very like DDE =MT4|Ask!EURUSD I don't kown how to use it,But I think it will...
Hi all ... fellow-sufferers ... first apologize for any errors you have to express myself in English because I'm not good ... I'm learning ... like asking someone to help you master the programming because I'm new and while I'm learning a lot, I'm white ... I robots are performed through a website...
[Deleted]
i would like my expert to sound every time it puts a position or takes one out. how can i do that? is it possible? i have already tried the PlaySound("siren.wav") ; // form and the void PlaySound(string filename) form. neither one worked for me. they sound every time a there is a new tick. thanks...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm sorry to be asking this but believe me I've looked everywhere before asking and cannot find the answer that I need. Essentially I need to SOMEHOW be able to do this (my description is in laymans terms for clarity): In an indicator I need to somehow accomplish the following: IF (YEAR OF BAR)...
To optimize a MA cross strategy, is it necessary to use tick data for every step of the process to get the most accurate results or could testing with tick data be reserved for the final step in the process? For example, let's say the MA period is being optimized over a 6 year time span and we...
Hi Forum, Iam testing my EA visual. In this EA I use a custom indicator which is started by icustom. After stoping my EY it shows me hundrest of parallel subwindows. I dont think this is normal, in earlier times I never noticed such a behave. Sure, my indicator is called a lot of times, but I cant...
Hi, It is possible with metatrader to create charts of the US market hours only. For example. from 09:00 to 15:30? Thanks in advanced
[Deleted]
Hi coders, Could someone help me out with a CSV fileread problem? I need the EA to open a CSV file and check it's data. In this CSV file there are many lines with (almost) all 4 entries (columns). The goal is to take the average of these columns. Data looks like this: 1.2,1.254,1.86,1.8693
Hi, I 'am creating an EA that should buy or sell on a breakout of a fractal bar. Which level should I use? Do I have to use the high of the fractal bar + the spread of the currency pair? If I reverse when there is a signal in the other direction it is closing the open orders first, but the order in...