MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 105

Hello friends, If you did some research on trading bots you might have noticed the steady growing equity curve of most bots with some big spikes inside. I always wondered how most bots turn a profit and found out about the martingale gambling strategy. With martingale you start with a x amount of
Hi, Can I ask some questions regarding MT4? i'm asking this because it's mql5 forum, but i can see mql4 questions here. is it allowed
Hi. is possible to get M and W pattern (check in attachment image)? Regards, Chris
I have a problem when using string arrays. When I drop my EA on GBPUSD it will not open and others pairs. It only opens on the 1st arrays "EURUSD" and "USDJPY". void BuyTrade() { int Final= 0 ; string Base[]={ "EURUSD" , "GBPUSD" , "AUDUSD" , "NZDUSD" }; for ( int Loop= 0 ;Loop<4;Loop++) {
  Pin Bar  (6)
Hi guys, I have a problem with the code. I want to find the Pinbar (1) as in the picture excluding the Pinbar (2). I would say that the length of the shadow must be> = 3 times the length of the Candlestick Body. I wrote this code but it does not work.    ....... myPoint *= 10;...
I don't spend much time in forums so this thread might seem silly but I would liketo know how to find a quality trustworthy programmer. I have not had much luckin this regard so I am assuming there is something I am missing. What type of qualificationsor certification should I be looking for that...
Hello! I believe that this topic has been discussed. Kindly advise where to find the answer. I would like to convert doubles(price) to integers, work with them, and then convert them back to prices before using them in a OrderSend() / OrderModify() functions. I used this functions: int GetPriceToInt
I dont want it be profit for current opened trades (if I type AccountInfoDouble( ACCOUNT_PROFIT ). I want overall daily profit. How can I do that? Comment ( StringFormat ( "Profit = %.2f" ), // what next
Hi all :) Making my own EA according to the No Nonsense Forex method. One of the points in that method is to use a trailing stop based on the ATR score at the time of making the order. My own code was taking the current ATR value instead (Timeframe daily). Largely because i couldnt find how to
Hi, I need an advice (how to or a script) to temporarily disable an indicator in mt4 (it makes a bit of a mess on the screen and i would like to do some work on a cleaner 'sheet'). just deinstalling it doesn't do the job as I'm making a lot of customization and i don't want to repeat it every time
int OnInit () { //--- indicator buffers mapping Comment ( StringFormat ( "Equity = %.2f; Balance = %.2f; Free Margin = %.2f" , AccountInfoDouble ( ACCOUNT_EQUITY ), AccountInfoDouble ( ACCOUNT_BALANCE ), AccountInfoDouble ( ACCOUNT_MARGIN_FREE ) ) ); //--- return ( INIT_SUCCEEDED ); } How to
I found the multiple line section in documentation, but didn't understand how to separate functions. Comment ( StringFormat ( "Equity is %.2f" , AccountEquity()));
I am trying to display text on a chart but no luck so far. I will appreciate anysuggestions. The following "Comment" and "ObjectCreate" code compiles okbut do not work? Comment("THIS IS A COMMENT"); if(!ObjectCreate("label_object", OBJ_LABEL, 0, 0, 0)) { Print("error: can't create label_object!...
Hello everyone, I desire to auto scale the width of an histogram buffer according the zoom scale's candle. My problem is it only works when i change the time frame. I want it to be directly after zooming in/out. I have put the function in : OnInit + OnCalculate + OnChartEvent ... but, it doesn't...
I'm new to MQL4, please help with my code. When I place my 2nd order, both Take profit and stop loss are TOO close to price instead of TP= 7, SL=2. What is the problem??? extern double TakeProfit= 5 ; extern double TakeProfit2= 7 ; extern double StopLoss= 2 ; extern double StopLoss2= 2 ; int
  Array error  (2)
Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out how MQL4 arrays work and I stumbled upon a behavior I don't understand. I want an array to hold some undetermined number of elements so I figure out that I should use SetIndexBuffer to let the platform handle it's size. While I can see the elements printed in
As the title indicates my question is this: Can I make a buy/sell/close button that can trade on multiple instances of the platform instead of doing some copy trading type thing ? Please advise Thanks
I access MT4 through Capital City but I am not able to upload any custom indicators because my directory for this program does not contain MQL4, Expert, or Indicators folders. I am new to this so I hope I have described the problem using the right language. I need to know why these folders are not...
to whom or which section should i contact to inform about signal publication issues
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| BreakevenEA.mq4 | //| Igor Muratov | //| https://www.mql5.com |
Please help with my EA, I would like to buy on the EURUSD & sell on USDJPY (same time) . The problems I encounter are when I place my EA on EURUSD (buy) & sell on the USDJPY (2 or 3 digits) my stop losses & take profits are TOO close to price. On 5 digit (USDCHF & USDCAD) pairs everything works
I have been trying debug this error in my code, but after a 1000 times I still don't know how to fix it. int ticket; int oldTime; int start() { if (oldTime != Time[ 0 ] ) { // first tick of new bar found // do something useful oldTime = Time[ 0 ]; } return ( 0 );
Attached is an EA I coded, which does need a Forex account that allows hedging for it to be useful. Putting it online here for others to use is simply to give something back to this forum and as a way to say thank you. It is a "Trade Manager" type EA, not a trading strategy. It works as follows: For...
Hi, I'm playing around with using the Ichimoku indicator on my EA but have ran into an issue when opening a trade based on the value of the Senkou Span lines. Basically I want to open a Buy order when the price opens inside the kumo cloud, then closes above it. Then I want to open a sell order when
I am trying to use GetDiskSerial.dll in mql4 to get HDD serail num. {*******************************************************}{                                                       }{       Borland Delphi Interface Unit                   }{...
When I place my EA , my objects repaint or vanish and sometimes appear again after sometime. What seems to be the problem? void OnTick () { if ( TimeCurrent ()==Time[ 0 ]) { int s = iLowest ( Symbol () , 0 , MODE_LOW , 75 , 1 + 40 ); ObjectDelete ( 0 , "s" ); ObjectCreate ( 0 , "s"
Hi everyone i wonder it's a way to make an ON_Chart function be enable or disable in Capp dialog class like this example i want when i press no button the yes button doesn't work at all (it's working now) : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
My ea have the code about this double cci1= iCCI ( Symbol (), 5 ,cciperiod, 0 , 1 ); double cci2= iCCI ( Symbol (), 5 ,cciperiod, 0 , 2 ); Now ,My ea run in 15minute period,The value I tracked is different from the value I saw when loading CCI indicators,Why
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to ask, whether somebody could refer me to an exising / easy modifiable code. I would find it frequently useful for an custom indicator (and / or his line in the window) to see also the lines of first and second derivatives. In particular, when having a custom indicator X (which...