MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1001

Is their anyway to capture and utilize Data from Alert & Info Boxes ?
[Deleted]
  *** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ***  (112   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
This message is directed especially to new members. Recently I'm finding myself (and noticing some of the other programmers) answering the same questions time after time after time. It is quite clear that many new members post their questions without searching the forum or using the documentation
  Import CSV file  (6)
Hello, Id like to import comma separated CSV files to MT4. I downloadad CSV files from yahoo and compared it with the format what I can export from MT4. I modified the original CSV and MT4 can recognize it now but I don't know where can I find it in MT4 after that. How can I open it as a chart and
Hi, I like to discuss about Multi time frame indicators. There are many kinds of MTF indicators in WEB. By all of known MTF indicators we got the last available value in each time frame(see the picture) and the value will be constant until before last bars. If some body want to check his/her idea...
How can I restrict the number of opened positions not including pending orders
  100pips ea needs martingale  (11   1 2)
Seems awesome in backtest and i don't know if its my backtest quality or not.It rarely loses a trade. Can anyone make it a martingale ea?
Compiled commercial indicator. iCustom it OK. Paints 6 permanent indicators (+ in Data window). Sometimes indicates more than one trade on the same tick, and not only at the opening of a new bar. EA misses duplicate trades. Likewise if I only trade at new bar. If I run on every tick, it places...
Hi All, I keep looking at this and can't work out what I have done wrong. I have written a function to populate the array t with TypicalPrice based on high, low and close (h, l and c). // The typical price is the average of hlc.  &t needs to be length longvoid TypicalPrice(double h[], double l[],...
Hi all! I am analyzing bar volume of ticks in a tick chart. I noticed that there are ticks that are taller than shorter ticks BUT some of these taller ticks have less volume than shorter ticks. "Why do some taller ticks have less volume than shorter ticks?" :)
[Deleted]
Hello Helpneeded I havemetatrader 4 runing on demo account(alpari, fxcm) I'vemade a EA and when I'm running it through metatrader 4 I get indicatordata different from what I'm seeing in the graph. Forexample, I've told the program to print rsi value when buying plus the time ofthe deal and I get...
Hi, Please help me to find the solution of "error 130" at my code : I calculate the Averaging price of some OP_SELL orders of a pair & the new Target (Profit) level and then trying to modify the order. This is a martingale EA without stoploss ... if (!OrderModify(OrderTicket(), AverageSellPrice, 0,...
[Deleted]
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out the EA I'm developing will not send any buy orders. It compiles fines and the code for opening buy orders is virtually identical to the sell orders but for some reason the program will not open them even if the conditions have been more than met. Here is the code in...
New article Introduction to the Empirical Mode Decomposition Method is published: This article serves to familiarize the reader with the empirical mode decomposition (EMD) method. It is the fundamental part of the Hilbert–Huang transform and is intended for analyzing data from nonstationary and...
New article An Insight Into Accumulation/Distribution And Where It Can Get You has been published: The Accumulation/Distribution (A/D) Indicator has one interesting feature - a breakout of the trend line plotted in this indicator chart suggests, with a certain degree of probability, a forthcoming...
New article How to Make a Trading Robot in No Time is published at mql5.com: Trading on financial markets involves many risks including the most critical one - the risk of making a wrong trading decision. The dream of every trader is to find a trading robot, which is always in good shape and not...
New article Fast Dive into MQL5 is published: You have decided to study MQL5 trading strategies' programming language, but you know nothing about it? We have tried to examine MQL5 and MetaTrader 5 terminal from the newcomers' point of view and have written this short introductory article. In this...
Hi, I want to use some values from the Data Window. Rather than wast resources recalculating EMAs, I want to pull the EMA value directly from the Data Window, on a Tick basis. Possible? Thanks, Merlin
[Deleted]
  Codebase :-( x 2  (7)
Why is it taking this long for moderators to add our products to the codebase? In the past two weeks ive been observing and only one person/company's codes are being added to the codebase. Is their something going on that we dont know about or some moderator received some gift.
Hi to all, as my last post lead to resolving the issue in later MT4 release, i will give another bug report & feature request. Ii is unbelievable to me how this bug has been around so long without anybody complaining? As stated in subject relative drawdawn and maximal drawdown in tester and...
Hello, I'm trying to do the following: EA checks all open orders one by one separately: OrderProfit and OrderOpenTime and number of open market orders in terminal (for example 10), ie if orders are less than 10, then EA stops closing orders regardless of earnings and other variables. Or put...
[Deleted]
Hi, i have tick_secondcharting script for tick charts with expert advisor on that chart but start function in EA is not called on incoming tick. thanks
Why does - when optimising - the "inputs" panel have a large blank space? ie. optimise - look at results - and all the settings in "inputs" column are way to the right margin - not flush to the left. This is an example - but quite a few EAs have this occur. ie. an e.g. here (sorry about the double...
when i open it it get like this . can anybody tel me how to use it.i hv no idea hw to start :(
Hi, I am looking for hedging EAs OR Scripts that I can simultaneously trade the EURUSD and USDCHF pairs . Please post yours here. Thanks Dave
I need to know the price of the orders I have in the market to decide what to do with them if they are winners. I need the function to know the price they have when I have to get another order to decide whether or not you can help me?
Hi, can you tell me some tips about things to be careful for, or a template you use for opening orders?
#property copyright "Copyright ?2006, Forex-TSD.com " #property link "https://www.forex-tsd.com/" #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 4 #property indicator_color1 Red #property indicator_color2 Blue #property indicator_color3 Red #property indicator_color4 Blue string...
Hi, Any one can help me please .... I'm trying to get the "allowed trading volume" by a broker in MQL. If we trade manually, after we click at "NEW ORDER" using FxOpen MT4 client, we will get : 0.10, 0.11, 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 as Volume. If we do the same thing at...
[Deleted]
I have been devoloping my own trading plataform in C#. Is it possible to, from my C# plataform, get real time and historical values from metatrader and also send trading orders, receive account info, etc? I am using VS 2008 / C# / Net Framework 3.5. Thanks,
Hi all, EA: I can't get more than 1 long opened position per symbol at a time. So it is possible to open a short position if none is opened yet in that pair. The second order can be executed by EA only if OrderOpenPrice() from the one already opened minus marketInfo() >= Pips_hedging In other words,...