General - page 868

DD Doubt  (4)
Hey, guys! Considering a USD 1,000 account, what would be my DD if I open a long position and a short position at the same time? For example, if my long position (USD/CAD) is +100 USD and my short position (EUR/USD) is -150 USD, what would be my DD? 5% or 15%?
Hello to everybody; I am new in MQL5, even if I have a good experience as computer programmer and engineer.... I have downloaded the script below this page (https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/322)  and compiled it just for a test.... I have noticed that the result is a .ex5 file, but when I click on...
Maybe I'm missing something, but I tried several times (changing working directories) used all parameters of Metaeditor in Command Line mode (except for /s) and there is no way to make Terminal64 recognize a new compiled code of its EA running. Does someone have a clue how Metaeditor64 signals
Hello all, I am trying to deply a data mining capability on my past trades. I am running some EAs and I want to create the dashboard that would show me information such as: winning/losing hours, winning/losing days, winning/losing pairs, etc I know that most likely I will have to design/set up the...
Importing signals from a Motivewave trader. Is that possible without 3rd party websites
  Multicurrency Experts 5-21 pair  (99   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Is there life for such systems in Signals and Market? I mean trading frequency, margin, etc. i want to know if there is life for such systems, i dont know the outcome, but i want to know if i really need such systems, i need 0.1 fixed lot everywhere and for every symbol i have one position in market
Hi all, I am quite new to coding, and I'm trying to build an array that stores tick info, including time. Once the ticks have been stored, I would like then like to lookup tick values within the array corresponding to a specific time hh:mm:ss. Could someone explain what is the logic/key functions to...
i am sharing profitable strategy, which is customized one from default camarilla we need to execute continuously, what script we are choosing daily to trade same script as per strategy results are good, watched manually.. if it is designed as customized indicator , will be useful to all traders.....
  MT4 VPS question  (3)
I rent VPS by MT4, and I know it is usually used for EA trading. My problem is when I apply trade by MT4 in my PC, sometimes it has delay to open or close one trade. Does VPS can reduce the ping between my local PC to my Forex broker's server? So that I can trade without delay. I wish someone could...
Hello, For testing purpose, I do agree that it is interresting to have the last release to avoid regression issues, but if we plan to go live it is not possible to imagine running an EA tested on a pre-release. If each time we are lauching Terminal we are updating automatically to the last release,...
we know File Functions load in EA, it will generate some file in  MQL5's File Folder . And if File Function load in Strategy Tester, it will get in Tester Folder. But I want know , if we use Local Network Farm or MQL5 Cloud Network, how to get the generated file to main PC.
I'm a beginner. I create EA  I want create  button click to run the script. How to write? Help me please. Thank you.
Hi, Given a nb of hours that may be like 4, 235, or 0.4 hours, I want to get the MQLDateTime at that time back. For example: GMT time now is 4.40 am, so 4 hours back it was 0.40. I made a function that gives good answers if given numbers like 4, 234, but fail when given a number like 0.4:...
My MT5 Desktop client shuts down as soon as it logs into a demo account.. there's not much time to see the log as it shuts down and I don't know any other way to see the log.. Any help wil be appreciated.
  Easiest Currency Pair to Trade  (65   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hi, I am interested to know which pair is the easiest to trade. Can share your experiences?
(updated) I came up with this money management system after several searches, this field is very important and kind of neglected, if you have a good strategy but don't have money management, you don't have a plan, here is the tutorial of the system: Advantages: - it tells you how much to invest,...
was looking for a code that allow me to import data from an excel (CSV) file to mt4 platform  .. .and use this data( it's a price data)  to Draw a horizontal line ..i found one article here that talk about the same idea https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6816 and the code is attached from the original...
Hi Guys, I have recently done my course on Tensorflow and while doing my assignments, I have encountered a problem when using tensorflow profiler to analysis my code. I followed the instructions on this website:  https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/tree/master/tensorflow/core/profiler. Also,...
  MT4/MT5  (5)
MT4 and MT5 which one is best to use in trading, any idea please
   double operacion = EURUSDPIPS();void OnTick(){              if (operacion =<20){              double arriesgue = AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE)*.05;              Print("trade is an executable one");}//It has an error, actuaally it's telling me this: '<' - operand expected//
Hi. I want for example to calculate the average value for a pair over last week , or maybe something more complicated and I don't want to do it manually. Can I run somehow my script an he can print me in console the value I want ? Do I really need to be during the market hours? Thanks,
[Deleted]
What parameters should be paid attention to when building a new computer for the fast operation of the optimizer in mt5? (CPU, video card, memory). In general, I need to build a machine for fast maths processing and high speed of the robot (when working on the history)
Hello fellow traders, Please tell me what I can do to fix these yellow triangles that appear when the platform is first activated: Everything else is normal when it loads. Your help is greatly appreciated! Max
Hi am i able to run MT4 and 2 different PCs at the same time? or will i be automatically logged out once an account is logged in?
  Expert Advisor  (3)
Good afternoon everyone, I'm searching an Expert Advisor in which I can set: - The percentage of the initial capital to invest - The take profit and the loss in percentage - The position to open (long or short) - The time to open the position (for example at 08.00 am) and then it open my position...
Hi All, i am looking for an indicator that provide for exemple, tick value for EURUSD for exemple, in a GBPUSD chart.  i need it for EURUSD, GBPUSD and GBPUSD. THANKS for your time all. 
  IndicatorRemove  (6)
Is there a way that an indicator can remove itself? I tried ExpertRemove() which worked as far as I remember for mql4 - but mql5 it does not - do I have to force a division by zero or an invalid array access?
  RSI EA  (6)
Please am new, i downloaded a free RSI EA , installed in the expert adviser folder in my mt4 pc platform restarted my mt4 , loaded the RSI EA clicked on auto trading and saw a smiling face at top right coner my problem is the the RSI EA in not starting any trade... please how can i make RSI ea start...
Hello guys, first of all thank you a lot for reading this article, i have struggled for several days with this problem, actually i am trying to get the lowerbollingerprice  quote in a period of time i have checked and ran out to many problems, as an example, i'm trying to find the bollinger's...
Hey guys I am trying to build an Expert Advisor that simply sets a StopLoss and a TakeProfit based on a set number of pips. Not that complicated. But why in the world is it nearly impossible to do it perfectly for every currency pair and stock? My code is below:  double ticksize =...