General - page 1954

the indicator: /*[[ Name := ButterFly Author := Copyright ?2002, MetaQuotes Software Corp. Link := http://www.metaquotes.ru Notes := Separate Window := No First Color := Blue First Draw Type := Symbol First Symbol := 217 Use Second Data := No Second Color := Red Second Draw...
I have to admit that MT3/MT4 are by far the best trading platforms I have ever tried. Too bad never got involved earlier, but it is never too late. If it is not too much to ask, do you think in the future MT4's, it could also support P&F charting, including indicators to allow us to see when prices
double arr[]; arr[1]=22.0; Print ("array.... ", DoubleToStr(arr[1],4),">>>",arr[1]); arr[1]=22.0+1.5; Print ("array.... ", DoubleToStr(arr[1],4),">>>",arr[1]); results in log file are: 21:09:17 test2 GBPUSD,M1: array.... 0.0000>>>0 21:09:17 test2 GBPUSD,M1: array.... 0...
There's seems to be an error with in way that the Open Account dialog appears. I'm not saying that there's nothing wrong with it, it's just in terms of why it "should" appear. The problem is that it's appearing automatically when there's (no connection). The only reason, in my opinion,...
Dear all, I am using FxDirectDealer is based on MT3. My expert advisor want to close the buy trade at the specific open price. 1. Does the CloseOrde have a return value on MT3? So we could know if the open order has been closed or not? 2. Can we CloseOrder with current market price? 3. If we...
Hi All, I like the MetaTrader platform and have some ideas I want to program in, custom indicators and so on. Is MQL4 conceptually similar to other languages? I'm not a programmer, though I learned enough to do what I wanted to in MetaStock, but the MetaStock language is a lot different than the...
I have the fallowing code for a customized indicator. Basically, I found that it detects the end of micro-trends, before the price corrects itself. However, the only drawback is that since I have several loops, and I placed the indicator on a profile that has many charts on it, it takes a while to...
  Smiley  (2)
When I attach an expert advisor to a chart - what does the "sad" smiley mean?
  Brokers  (1)
Does anybody have a list of brokers in Europe who use Metatrader platform?
  Trailing stop  (5)
Just a question on the working of a trailing stop loss (TSL). Do I need to be connected to the server for the TSL to execute? I have had three failed TSL's in the last two days. I execute a buy and set the TSL to 30 PIP. I shut down the PC overnight and the next morning, it had not executed...
I have an idea to write my own tester in the form of an indicator. The requirement - with minimal rework the Expert Advisor must be suitable for both standard and self-written testers. This is achieved by adding the prefix my to the standard constants and functions. Optimization is also acceptable
  Close a position  (1)
if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) { if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) Is there an advantage of this code or is it possible to say: if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() { if(OrderType()==OP_BUY else (OrderType must bi OP_SELL)
Hello, is it possible to customize the metatrader client? we would like to put in some new functionality, like a new button where our customers get a different look - no charting, just signals, programmed in mlq. If this is impossible, is there any ability to get the interface discription how the...
hi i have Root-Server ! how much Traffic used MetaTrader Client MAX per month ca. ? more 2 GB Traffic ? Thanks
  MT3 API for VB.net and C#  (56   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hey, Just a quick note to trading robot developers and system automators. I successfully wrapped the mtapi.dll (MetaTrader version 3.x API) ages ago for my own use, and now I'm happy to share my hard work for free. My wrapped MetaTrader v3.xx API for dotNet framework features:...
Hello, I am trying write an indicator that requires more than 8 buffers for counting. The indicator needs only 2 buffers for display, but more than 6 additional buffers are required for calculation. How do I allocate additional buffers for counting/calculation? --soren
Hi is Possible 10 Minute Chart interval MT3 ?
  DMI  (2)
The DMI indicator in MetaTrader crosses and movement is not like DMI on TradeStation. The EasyLanguage code in TradeStation looks much differnet than the DMI code in MetaTrader4. Does anyone have ideas or code that mimics TradeStation DMI? Without this, I will not be able to use MetaTrader4 as my...
  zigzag indicator  (1)
appreciate to know how we can change that to apply on closing? many tks in adv.
Hi, I've discussed this through the support email. But since english is not my native language , guess I didn't make it clear... Anyway, please have a look at this: In MT4, after I draw a trendline, say a Arrow Up, I can define on what timeframes it will show by changing "visualization"...
Ok. So I'm working on an expert advisor in MetaTrader 4. I left it running during the night only to find that no trades were placed. I reduced the code to only one line that executes the OrderSend function. Since then, and after reviewing the journal event logs, I found that I was running build...
I have the fallowing code: int total = OrdersTotal(); for (int i = 0; i < total; i++) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS); if (OrderClosePrice() <= OrderStopLoss() + 0.0005) { OrderModify( OrderTicket(), NULL, Ask - 40 * Point, OrderTakeProfit(), 0, Aqua);...
dear all, is there a feature in metatrader that will automatically calculate and show me the pivot, support and resistance levels based on previous period price action? would be nice to have one implemented, thanks cheers, alimin
IF BarClosed() THEN IF MACD_Signal [0](close 6, 9, 8) > MACD_Signal [1](close 6, 9, 8) and MACD_Signal [1](close 6, 9, 8) < MACD_Signal [2](close 6, 9, 8) AddBuyEntry "Change Direction: Increasing" ENDIF IF MACD_Signal [0](close 6, 9, 8) < MACD_Signal [1](close 6, 9, 8) and MACD_Signal...
MetaTrader 4. Build 167. 1. Updated LiveUpdate service. Please download and install last build of the terminal from our site; 2. Updated "Standard deviation channel" object; 3. Updated internal e-mail service operation; 4. Added index arrays initialization by empty values; 5. Updated Dictionary...
Hi, I developed an indicator and it behaves strangely when changing the timeframe. Find below an indicator that behaves the same way. In fact the indicator is ok in a given timeframe and while receiving live data. When changing timeframe, sometimes it continues to work properly and sometimes, the...
When compiling your moving averages custom indicator I get the following errors.. 'SetIndexDigits' - function is not defined 'SetIndicatorArray' - function is not defined C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\moving average.mq4 (30, 4) Thanks as always.....
Hi, I have a question about the "IsConnected" function with regards to how it works. If this function is used within an Expert, it will obviously provide "true" when MetaTrader is connected to the trading server. However, if the the connection is broken for any reason, MetaTrader won't be receiving...
I want to set up an alert in my candlesticks chart, for example in 5min chart, while the length of the coming candlestick is longer than 30 point. But there is some wrong in my programe,please correct it , or give me a new programe. #property copyright "mpfx" #property link "http://www...
Hi, I'm currently running MetaTrader v1.65 and with the release of 1.66, was expecting it to carry out the automatic update. However, when I start MetaTrader up, it doesn't carry out the automatic upgrade to version 1.66. I've tried running LiveUpdate.exe manually, which just seems to exit out...