General - page 1849

Adx not working  (1)
I am using the ADX attached. For some reason it will not show up on all currency pairs (usd/jpy for example) but it works on all the others. Does anyone know why this is? Also, would someone be able to make an input where I can change the +DI and -DI manually without altering the code? Thanks in...
  Anybody seen DecisionBar.com?  (27   1 2 3)
Hi all, Here is a guy at www.decisionbar.com that supposedly has found the "secret" to trade the markets including the FX market and he offers a bunch of indicators that supposedly picks mostly successful trades. We all know how that goes, but he shows some FX charts on his website with the...
Hi I am trying to get an EA to send me an email message when it wants to trade. This will call the SendMail() function. The help says "Sends a message to the e-mail set in the Tools->Options->EMail tab." My email is provided through charter.net so I put in smtp server : smtp.charter.net my login...
According to the Zhangge's Trend Double Principle, canddle F has reached the trade point perfectly. So my suggestion is to short USD/SGD on next Monday(Jul 24), target is point C which will be 100 pips profit at least. (" Zhangge's Trend Double Principle "------"The Principle was invented by a...
hi, if some one can help me in this simple problem, i implement an application that work on the managed mtapi.dll file,i want to get the ticket id (order id) to use it in closing and modifying an order . any body can help me, thanks for all
I need help...would you please give me an example of simple EA based on WMA cross....(buy and sell entry point based on WMA cross i.e 55 and 5) Thanks ============================== Proven Forex System http://www.freefxsystem.com
[Deleted]
  Trading Contests  (1)
Hi all. Does anybody know of any EA trading contests out there that use MT4? Just thought it might be fun. Thanks. Daniel
I'm currently trying to add a couple things to my overall trading system, so I have been looking for a particular indicator that could help. Does an indicator exist that creates a histogram using the numerical value (# of Pips) of the top bollinger band minus the bottom band? If it doesn't exist, I...
  Whats EMA??  (1)
Excume Guys Im New Programmer I Have Qustion Whats Meaning Of Ema In Lesson 14 ??? Plz Guide Me
I simply need to have an expert that will enter at a specific time. For example if time = 1100 then buy or sell. Is this possible?
Hello all, Is there anyway to get millisecond resolution out of any TIME variable? Thanks, -charliev
- MetaEditor Help contents are the same as those of the MQL4.Community Documentation? To get references about MQL4, there is no need to download megabytes from internet. Everything you need is in your PC already. You just have to open the "Help" tab in the "Toolbox" window of MetaEditor. - You...
Hi, I'm using a custom indicator which draws arrows for long and short entries on a chart. The arrow values (high of bar for short and low of bar for long) are written to an array when the conditions for long/short is met. If no signal on the bar then the Empty_Value is written to the array. I...
  Weird Behavior  (3)
I'm having some weird behavior where, for some of my clients the expert advisor runs fine. For others, they are experiencing issues where they say it will create 20 or more trades in one day, all losses. This strategy only has 1 to 3 trades per day. The only unique thing about my EA is that it...
Hi all, I've done some expert programming but indicators are making me trouble. Could someone please write an indicator that will draw an arrow above the certain bar, based on time. For instance, an arrow above every 10.00 bar on hourly chart. It seems to me as if it should be a few lines of code...
  Eager to learn  (2)
Hi, I would like to learn more about the MT and its EA from this forum, so where can I find the right thread group?
I'm developing a scalping strategy EA and have been doing well so far but I stumbled upon a small problem. I'm not sure if it is small though. As in any scalper, I am able to get small gains almost every few minutes, but on a specific instant, the trend goes wildly strange and I'm in loss. So I've...
Hi, What is the most importat for you if you have a good EA: Max. drawdown or Profit trades (%) ? Thanks in advance
can someone translate this tradestation script to mt4 and make it a envelope that adjust itself to highs and lows? {******************************************************************* Description : This Indicator plots Linear Regression Provided By : Omega Research, Inc. (c) Copyright 1999...
Please let me know how to program the EA to trade only on the next bar after TP/SL was hit. Thank you
Hello, I'm trying to backtest my expert advisor, but my data only goes back to May-29-2006. Is there a place to download older data, so I can back test for a year or more? Thanks, Spencer
  Single Instance  (1)
What is the best way to make it so only a single instance of my expert will be ran? I.e., they can't attach it to multiple charts, if it's already on one chart it won't run if it's placed on another. I was thinking about using global variables, but havne't played around with them to be absolutely
I'm wondering if someone has figured out the optimal trailing stops for the 4 major pairs. Each chart has its own rythum if you will. One may require a little more wiggle room then another. If someone has spent any time on this please share the calculations and logic that you have used to come up...
Hi I was wondering if I could enlist the help of someone to help program an EA that would be used to trade news events. I have developed a very simple method which I try to use before all major news events, which has been working very well over the past few months, and I would like to now automate...
On 1 June, 2006, the development of the new mobile terminal MetaTrader 4 Smartphone has started. The new mobile terminal will work on smartphones under the following operating systems: - Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone; - Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition. The following functions will...
does anyone know if an indicator like this exist in mt4?
Hello, Is there a way to rebuild the history cache? My M15 EURUSD is missing data from March to June - just doesn't display on the chart. Can MT4 be tricked into rebuilding this without re-installing? Thanks for any help/advise. -charliev
Is there a way to chart the price difference between two currency pairs in Metatrader to use for spread/pairs trading? I'm looking for something that actually plots the price difference between two currency pairs such as in the attached example of Texas Instruments and Analog Devices.