General - page 1768

Hi, I wonder whether the market data show in MT4 is a global data or just a broker's, cause sometime I found the volume is only 4 or 2 sth ???
  Get Rich Or Die Trying  (22   1 2 3)
This thread is for high risk takers. If you have a system that can make large sum of money (like $million from $10k) in a short period of time but will be wiped out in one day, please post it here. Here is my reasons. Holy grail is too hard to be found. Let's say one have 50k to invest he can start
There is a bug with MarketInfo where a direct string is used - ie. MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD) OK MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_SPREAD) BUG (always returns 0)
  Horizontal Lines  (14   1 2)
the following code draws HLines at yesterday's close prices, but does not change the HLINE ever day, how can I fix it. I need to draw a HLINE indicating yesterday close price. thanks #property indicator_chart_window extern int DD=4; //--- decimal places extern int number_of_days = 50;...
  Bug with OrderSelect  (12   1 2)
This is a debugger for a problem with OrderSelect. It will place a BUY STOP and monitor if such an order exists or not. Upon placing the order, it will enter into a 30 seconds loop to check if the BuyTicket still exists. Initially it is True as it should be. But manually delete the order and this...
  Forex Hedging  (7)
I have been experimenting with a form of hedging (I think it is hedging) and so I am looking for some feedback. I have been doing it for a few weeks now with a lot of success. As always, I am sceptical of short term success. Here is how it goes: Example: Use Metatrader because of "pending orders"...
Hi, I'm looking especially for the CFB indicator. Thanks, Paul
Would some one be kind enough to code a MACD indicator which will look exactly as the here joined picture ? (Hist Blue if > 0 & Red if < 0) TIA Best regards BBF
From my correspondence with mt4. Fellow traders I give unto you this for your delectation. Regards --------------------- You can use 'Period_converter.mq4' script (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7936) to make nonstandard timeframes. To make M10 period you should: 1. Open M5 chart. 2. Attach the...
  Holy Grill ?  (32   1 2 3 4)
What would you do if you found the Holy Grail, either an EA or a trading system? Would you : - Keep it to your self ? - Sell it ? and if so how much how much you would ask for it? - Share with your friends and family ? -wait till you make your first million then share? -wait till you recover your...
This is how to get the swaps for a currency pair: MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SWAPLONG) MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SWAPSHORT) Question is: in what value? What does this give? MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SWAPTYPE) 0 = in points umm in PIPS? or in USD? I have 2 brokers using 0. One pays me in USD,...
Hi all I could use some help here. I need to draw a horizontal line indicating the open price of the first bar at 15:00 hour. And another line at said open price plus 10%, could some one help please. I tried to fiddle around but I made a miss. Thank you
is there a way to call a script from an EA?
  Arrays in MQL4  (6)
Hello Everyone! I am trying to understand how to programme arrays in MQL4. Can you please let me know if my interpretations are correct? int data_z[51];[/CODE]the above declares a single dimension 52 element array of integers with default value 0. [CODE]int data_x[][6]; the above declares declares a...
  critical error  (4)
After the last update I've got often similar message boxes... Also often terminal.exe hangs up absorbing up to 99.8 % of my system resources... Any idea what's the problem? Ivo There has been a critical error Time : 2007.04.05 18:35 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00...
From my correspondence with mt4, Ive not been able to get it to work, need help. Fellow traders I give unto you this for your delectation. Regards --------------------- You can use 'Period_converter.mq4' script (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7936) to make nonstandard timeframes. To make M10 period...
The reference ( "MQL4: FileOpen" ) of FileOpen says: If there is a need to add data to an existing file, it must be opened using combination of FILE_READ | FILE_WRITE. So I use hfile=FileOpen(filename,FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE,"\t"); to add data to the existing file. But, if I re-launch my script,...
Could someone take a look at this indicator; it seems to be buggy, or repainting. It draw spikes above past candles when price is updated (what ever TF). May be someone could provide another version more stable. Thank you very much for your help.
[Deleted]
Hi Guys.. or ladies out there.. Can anyone help to direct me where can i find a multiple timeframe indicatorwhich show up & down trend. For example, a 30M time frame with indicator 15M,1H, 4H & 1W. I did saw it with one in Simba sample picture.. here is the link https://c.mql5...
  Brokers  (13   1 2)
I want to complain a bit about oanda. The non farm payroll is coming up and they have a message saying that because of the holiday the spread for the GBP/USD will be at least 30 pips. Come on.
In all the MT4 builds that I have used up to the most recent (build 203), whenever I click the refresh button for a chart the MT4 journal either states that anywhere from 1 to 100 bars have been imported or it states that 5000+ bars have been imported. When the MT4 journal states that it imports
  RB26DETT-Skyline GTR  (524   1 2 3 4 5 ... 52 53)
Dear RB26Team, I'm davidke20 from 10point3 thread. I've been started to engineer on 10point3 for months and improving even reconstruct the entire martingale system. From MACD, RSI, MFI, EMA MathAbs, Trendline, Support and Resistance.... all sort of old school. And finally I've decided to work with...
Hi, I'm very new at trading. Can anyone please tell me what the values should be for MA method? I.e: the value for simple and the value for exponential. Thanks Ilan
Anybody can tell me how to use the .ex4 after downloading it? I copied and pasted it to the custom indicator folder but nothing seems to happen to the chart when I try to attach it to the chart. Thanks in Advance!
Hello, It seems that my timezone is at GMT+2. Is there anyway to change the timezone on MetaTrader to show just GMT? It's soo confusing to trade at certain times when im subtracting 2 from my graph. Also, why doesn't this allow for stops under 10 or so? I can manually close any position anytime,...
My menus in MT4 build 203 and lower can't be seen because the menu selections are the same color as the menu back ground. I have a ATI AIW 9700 with up to date drivers. All my other programs menus are fine. Anybody ever ran into this problem? For some reason MT4 isn't using the system colors. Can...
If I try to place an order with an initial stoploss at the MODE_STOPLEVEL (or MODE_STOPLEVEL +/- 1 Point for sell/buy), I get error #130 "Invalid stops". But if I try 2* the stop level or even 1.5 * the stop level, the order is accepted. I would assume that stoplevel alone, or at the worst case...
if there is an indicator called Historical Volatility Ratio i would appreciate it if some one can help me find it
- I call "current bar", the last bar in the chart. I mean the uncompleted bar that the terminal is still drawing it. - I call "index" i, the parameter used in this function: iMA(string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int i). or those array:...