General - page 1766

Hi all, I've only used MT4 for several months, and I have a question that does MT4 allow user to launch it multiple times like MT3? if yes, does anyone know how is it done? I have several monitors and I'm trying to launch multiple MT4 windows on different monitors(using extended desktop). Thanks in...
  CPU Usage  (34   1 2 3 4)
hello any one knows abroker with dax in meta trader 4 thanks
hello,anyone have a leuiture for this indicator how to use it!!!!
Hi All, I came up with a some new ideas which just need some testing more than i can handle on my own. For right now im just going to share the EX4 file since the code is pretty crazy inside. It would be considered a Mid-term to long-term trading EA. Use Only On: *GBPUSD M15 *GBPJPY M15 (Shouldn't...
Ok heres the deal I have been running several different EA's for months now no problem. My main EA is a gridder / Carpet bomber. I run it on gbp/usd and gbp/jpy. Being a gridder, the bot looks for a net win (in the pair its trading only) and then closes all trades for a profit. Things had been going
  Looking For A Matingale Type Ea But...  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hello, I'm Looking For An Ea, If It Exist, Unlike The Typical Martingale Of Opening Multiple Buys Or Sells Against A Trend. My Idea Is It Either Opens A Buy Or Sell First And Then If Price Moves Against, Say, A Buy, The Next Open Trade Would Be A Sell. For Example: Gbpusd Open (1 Lot) Buy Trade @ 1...
  3 line break  (2)
Could anyone tell me exactly what is a 3 line break and how it is used in charting? I have the indicator on my charts now. Thank you
Really is. Is there a list anywhere of all the brokers where I can use MT4. I'm looking for all brokers to include stocks, futures and of course forex. Thank you!
ZigZag presents it with less clutter and has seperate color for highs and lows EDIT: Fixed, only 1 timeframe Phatccica 2 averages of the cci plotted on the cci
When I am trying to compile any MQ4 files to EX4 by using MetaEditor nothing is happening. In description it says "Compiling XXXXX.mq4" but I can't see any progress or results. Anybody can help me please. Thank you very much.
Slawa, the optimization tab seems not to be working 1. I try to change, for example the Value of Balance Minimum, from 200 to 300, and when I accept it changes back to 200 ???
[Deleted]
Hello. All trader. Did anyone have experience with this indicator? I got from Alp.from different post. 3linebreak_1.mq4 Thank Alp. Cha.
Hello I'm using MT 203 and just discovered that object description is not visible on chart. I've tried few color schemes thinking that the color is the same. I have on tools->options->Objects all checkboxes checked. (I've tried also options unchecked) Anybody else having this problem? any idea...
Hi. The title says it all. With Indicators, all Global variables are reset when a user-setting is changed? Strangely, this does not happen with EAs - is it a bug? The only solution I have is to save the value to a file which is a bit extreme......
I consider this a bug as in EVERY language logical AND operation has precedence over OR - except for mql. Checked the documentation too, and indeed it is so. Is this a kind of joke? Adam
Dear all, i want to build my own EA, for example EA will always open buy position at 05.00 GMT+7 local time . how the syntax looks like? thank you for your help
  Dice Roll EA  (14   1 2)
Im wanting a EA that picks a random whole number from 1 to 6 and if the number is 1,3,5 its a sell likewise if the number is 2,4,6 its a long. I want it to take the trade at the UK open, or a time to be determined. stop 30 target 60 trailing stop of 31 opptionally if the last trade was a loss...
I don't use EAs on a live account, so I did not notice this before, now I am testing and EA on a real live account and on a demo account at the same time, I did not know there is a 1 pip difference between live and demo account till today Its not a big deal I just wanted to share this info...
  Flimbo  (4)
Hi there, what you think about this. iam currently work on it. will how things will going on then i will post it.
Hi all, I have an EA that I would like to place an expiration date on the EA. Does anyone know where this code is suppose to be place in the .mq4 files to work properly. int start() { string expire_date = "2006.31.06"; //<-- hard coded datetime datetime e_d = StrToTime(expire_date); if (CurTime()...
Hi, Somebody can explain what is the different Between Instant and Market Execution. Thanks Fxman
I've just done a scan with McAfee and it tells me that both my NF and WHC MetaEditor installations are infected (see pic.) This is after removing an re-installing both packages when the compilers mysteriously stopped working. I have also done a complete system scan. Has anyone else experienced
Hi I have a problem with this expresion double val = iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,iBarShift(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,Time)) * 1.1; it will only return a value if I change 1.1 to 1, could any body tell me please how can I multipay by a doulbe? thanks
hi i am looking for a ea to be programmed its a hedge plus a bit more 1. it puts in 2 buy trades for two currency pairs say A and B 1.5. closes trades if it hits $25 profit and starts again 2. and 2 pending orders for say 20pips higher on each pair (long)A and B 3. if one of the buy...
Hi, I pressed F2 to open the history window, went down to EUR/AUD and clicked download. Now i have really crappy data for this pair. In the help manual it said it would download historical data from 1995 but it only goes back to 2005and there are large spikes. Here is a chart that the data produces:...
Hi, On the metatrader download page there is another program called data center. What is it? And do i need it? Thanks for any info
Hi there. Hopes some good metatrader4 programmer can help me with this ea. I'm trading eurusd on daily timeframe. The rollover cost is high for me when eurusd not is trending meaning staying at the same price for a while. My idea is to have an ea closing the positions i have for 1 to 10 minutes...
I have been up and running with automated trading with Metatrader 4 for about a year now, but I'm trying to figure out Oanda's API using c++ now and I just don't understand about half of what is in the code. wondering if anyone here knows how to take what I have in a mql4 program and turn it into a