General - page 1754

This indicator was posted on another group board. It's takes the ADX indicator and shows it as bars on the main chart that change colors when DI+ and DI- lines cross (screenshot posted). Very good idea, however it gives alot of fake-outs. So my idea is to make it so the bars change colors from light
I've learned that what is placed after the start(), will run on every tick. But my code doesnt agree with me. I'm trying to export to a file on every tick, with this code: int start(){ string tab = ""; int f = FileOpen(Symbol()+Period()+".csv", FILE_CSV | FILE_WRITE,','); FileWrite(f,"Date","Open"...
I downloaded NEWS FFCal_v04a[1] approx 3 weeks ago, placed it on a chart and worked perfectly. I transferred it from Navigator, as usual, onto a chart this morning and it appears complete with alert, but is receiving no news, just blank!!?? 'Enable News' is checked ok in >Tools > Options > Server
Hi All, Any one can direct me or coding this for me. I would like to have a color Candles where ADX cross. Something like the attached GIF. Thank you in advanced
Trying to export tickdata during trades ONLY, for further analysis in excel: I have written an ea, so when an position is taken, i want every tick or 1 minutebar-low to be exported inte an document. I have never used the file-commands before, but I gave it a try: if(OrderSelect(ticket...
Hello I wonder could I fet the value at a given position after I find the window? if yes, how? sample: I've attached an indicator (let's say RSI) and WindowFind("RSI") return 1. Thank you
Hi Gang; Was wondering if anyone came across a custom Pitchfork .. Would like extra set of paralell upper & lower median lines added to the standard Andrew's Pitchfork .. Alan Andrew called them 'Warning Lines' .. Price tend to stick to them once it violates the upper or lower ML's .. I understand...
  Virtual StopLoss  (1)
Hello traders, i wanted to know if there is any EA to put sl only when the level is reached not before. I'am aware of stop hunting. It's not so easy, because during high volatility, the stop order could be not executed if there is no counterpart, at this moment the EA have to close at the market...
I have a client with MT4 running on Vista - he's sent me a screenshot and the large "Expert Advisors" button in the button bar is missing. Has anyone got any ideas? Adam
  OrderCloseTime()  (4)
I run an EA and sometimes need to Close an Order manually. My EA immediately opens another Order, which i dont want. Really, I need a time interval between closing one order and EA opening another. I was trying to use OrderCloseTime() to get last order close time, but either my code is incorrect or...
Hi all, guys!!!1 I have an idea for collaboration here. We can use distributed processing for combinatorial search all together. We have an EA, which has rule generator inside; each rule is used as a buy/sell signal and tested on history; the rule in EA is coded as an abstract form and exact
I think the 1.3610 will be a major resistance for the euro in the days to come.(it is close to the 1.3633 78.6% fib level April high - May low) For the last couple of days it was the daily high, moreover it was the highest level the price visited since May 2nd. A break through 1.3610 and 1.3633 will...
Hello- If there is anyone out there that is knowledgable enough and kind enough to create an indicator that functions like a pivot indicator, but instead of plotting pivot lines, this indicator would plot the high low close of the previous day on a running basis. By running basis, I mean that it...
  High Low indicator  (15   1 2)
Can anyone share a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly high low indicator for MT4? Been searching for long now. Something that will draw horizontal lines on these points. Thanks
Position has been filled, thank you.
[Deleted]
Iam looking for a EA , That it will buy/sell a basket of currency sell at X profit and re enter the same after take profit
[Deleted]
Here's another attempt to get local time . Can an indicator be used to take the time of a bar and shift it to get local time? The time could then be displayed in the data window. Having this available on H1 would be nice
Hi, Is ther any way to see charts with a pre-defined timeframe, i.e., a 2-hour chart? Thanks.
Does anyone have an indicator that draws Yearly Pivot+ Support and resistance. I have one with daily, weekly and monthly. Anyone with yearly? Appreciate anyone sharing it. Thanks
  PacMan (my first hybrid)  (421   1 2 3 4 5 ... 42 43)
I finally decided to implement my ideas instead of relying on others to do it. PacMan is a Goblin Bipoler hybrid.(special thanks to Bluto) There is enough changes in here to warrant a name change. Plus I didn't want to add to all the other "mod" versions. On that note, if your gonna change...
I am sorry, but I cannot seem to find any instructions/tutorials for creating a .DLL for an Expert Advisor in MetaTrader 4. How can I find this?
  How to add indicators?  (13   1 2)
Hi all, How do you add these custom indicators that you guys are always talking about? Im using a demo MT4 platform.. Thanks again!
Does anybody have an EA that can straddle on the news? For example, setting x pips away from current price to enter a buy and sell order, and setting a stop-loss and a take profit, and a trailing stop. I would really appreciate it if someone could help. Thanks guys.
  Tons Of Indicators..!  (24   1 2 3)
I have no idea who is hosting this url or if it has been posted here before. It's a wonderful resource for MT4. I figured that I would share it in case it ever closes. That would be a shame... http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Indicators/ If someone here has been hosting this page, thank you very much..!...
Please , can anyone tell me the code for this: "close a trade after 5 bars" Thankx Carllos
I would like an EA to do the following: 1. If no open orders, open 1 buy EUR/USD and 1 buy USD/CHF at the same time. 2. Orders should be at 40% of account balance (needs to be manually adjustable). 3. EA closes both orders at a gain of 1% of account balance when opened. No stop losses, no targets,...
Good afternoon all I am desperate search for and indicator that will draw a trendline at opposite angles to that which I have drawn. Attached you see the solid white line is the one I have drawn, and it then tells me the angle. I would like this indicator to then draw the dotted white line at...
I use this indicator and looks good to trade. Can anybody add buy/sell order commands for an running EA? Thanks #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_color1 Sienna #property indicator_color2 DeepSkyBlue #property indicator_color3 Gold //---- input...
  open remote file  (5)
Hello, I want to open a file that is hosted in a server, http://someserver/file.csv for example. How can I do this? ( Fileopen seems only work with a subdirectory) Thanks
Hi there. Hoping for some assistance with an EA and connecting to a mysql db. I'm connecting at present using the libmysql.dll and some code found on MT4 forums (see below). What I'm having a nightmare with is returning and viewing the result set from a simple select query. I can update the...