General - page 1638

With MT4, is it possible to fix the "Take Profit" box so that position size can be specified? For example, I would like to be able to place a market order for 2 lots with a stop at 1.2000 and a "Take Profit" for ONE LOT ONLY at 1.2025. This would mean I have an order in place, with a stop, and if...
Hello: I download Script MAE-MFE and not execute. I compile script and fail. I send screen error. Thank you, Jaime.
try this looks good never really liked the pipassasin till i saw the alerts mod not my work just wanted to share to the world
[Deleted]
Hi, I´m working on a hedging ea. I´m stuck on a transcendental problem here. What to do when price bounces on the opening position of the hedge. This leaves the original position opened (the one the hedge is hedging for) and the hedge opened, reversing the roles until I take the loss. Can´t really...
[Deleted]
  New need advice.  (15   1 2)
Hi all, I am brand new to FX. Purchased one of those programs or EA I guess they are called to work with Meta Trader to make money with Forex (Boomerang). A few days later I get a call from Precision FX (Stellar Forex Consulting: Stellar Forex Consulting Group (SFCG)), guess they are the ones...
Been using mt4 for a while now and this is driving me mad. every time i open mt4 it does not open maximised. it opens slightly bigger than the full size of the screen and i have to click maximise to ge it to fit the screen properly. it didnt used to be that much of a problem but now i have 2...
  demo and live  (2)
Why can't I get my platform to allow me to have both demo (with active EA's) and live acct (with EA's) going at the same time?
Hi, I'm a Forex agents which I help my clients to manage their Forex accounts & currently we are using the following brokers service: ForexMeta, Alpari, FXDD, GAIN, IBFX, IKON, MIG which all are using meta trader. My clients want to host their mt4 in my server because I got 1 server connected to...
Hi, Ive just setup a demo MT4 account and am having trouble with stop losses. The demo account has $10k in it and I am trying to limit my max loss for an individual trade to $200. I think that if I trade 2 lots of USD/CHF then a 10 pip stop loss would limit my losses to $200, eg: 1.14650 - 1...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new at writing an expert adviser, and I need help with my double crossover simple moving average expert adviser. My code is very basic. It sells/buys when the smaller moving average moves below/above the greater moving average. What I am wanting to do is this.. An order is placed when the
Dick Morris has written an interesting article on what he expects will happen to the economy under Obama. Here is an excerpt: "...In the name of short-term stimulus, he will give every American family (who makes less than $200,000) a welfare check of $1,000 euphemistically called a refundable tax...
What kind of strategies you implement on the orders. How do captures constant sharp short term price fluctuations that are worthy for trade?
  Hello  (1)
Hello all, I’m just starting in fxfisherman forums so I wanted to greet and to let you know I’m here to help and to learn a lot from all you, It’s great to be he
  Hello  (2)
Hello all, I’m just starting in Talkgold fxfisherman forums so I wanted to greet and to let you know I’m here to help and to learn a lot from all you, It’s great to be he
  Profit percentage indicator  (23   1 2 3)
First off I would like to thank you guys for all the knowledge I have gained from reading the forums. So I decided to sign up and chat with other traders. I have been trading for about 2 years with mini lots and do okay. One indicator I saw here looks like it would be a great help to quickly view...
Hi, Can anyone tell me if they are experiancing a very slow connection speed when using the MetaTrader 4 software? I have 2GB og RAM on Windows Vista, the laptop is a Dual-Core Toshibalaptop and every time I decide to open up Meta Trader to do somecurrency trading the software is so slow, I...
The USA government is taking money from new investors (tax-payers) and giving it to old investors (bankrupt giant companies) There is 100% possibility/chance that the giant companies will shut down. Past history says bankrupt companies do not survive for long because they are already bankrupt. Also...
Hi folks, has anyone seen the rainbow charts and the rainbow oscillator for mt4? I searched the whole web, but found only code for some other trading platforms ... Maybe anyone has an idea where to find, because i believe that someone already coded this ... thanxx for help ... sonado
Hi, I have just installed MT4 on my desktop and now I want to sync up all my settings from laptop to the desktop. I am able to copy everything but the emails. I have many emails with usernames/password and some other info. Is there a way to copy the emails from one system to another system? Thanks...
Hi All, I am interested in getting feedback on EA trading. I have long been looking for a portfolio EA solution, the 'blue sky' solution is, -MT4 platform -Initial account Deposit of 500 pounds -5 accounts with 5 different Brokers -5 instances of MT4 running on 2 hosted virtual servers (24/7) I am...
Hello, Do you listen any music while you trade? I have tried with many different kinds, but I think classical music is the most appropriate to remain discipline focus and calm . I found the following online recource to be very helpfull. Forex Music-Trade forex with Cllasical Music B
What do you people think this world will come to? Every country is trembling in this recession times. Only the strong will survive survival of the fittest. All the heavy hitters will pull for the fall of the weak. What will you do to help the economy? Think about your children and your childrens...
  New  (2)
Hello, my name is Nicole, and I want to know more about FOREX, can I have some help?
How i get Server Number from Config. file ? 
Hello, Is it possible to check if your MT4 account is running on more then 1 PC and trace it
I realize an EA can be made w/ multiple time frames, BUT can one be written w/ custom times ? I have an EA w/ MTF but I need custom times not default times so they don't "line up" that often. regards
Hi everyone.... but this posting is adressed more to the senior members, First of all I don't want to sound corny with this posting. But a New Year can sometimes give new ideas and good intentions. Lets say that If we would go on a long trip or travel the world and would go into a bar to have a
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Winners of the Automated Trading Championship 2008! has been published. The Automated Trading Championship 2008 with all its worries and emotions is over. The contest Winners have received their prizes and awards. Their Expert...
Fiat and Chrysler sign alliance plan Fiat to take 35 percent stake in struggling Chrysler under nonbinding strategic alliance plan Ariel David, Associated Press Writer Tuesday January 20, 2009, 7:52 am EST Yahoo! Buzz Print ROME (AP) -- Fiat and Chrysler said Tuesday they have signed a nonbinding...
I am facing a problem in logining using MT4 Mobile using my PDA phone. I can logon to my broker when WLAN is turned on but I cannot logon if I want to use the GPRS or 3G. I tried to test my phone on the internet connectivity using GPRS/3G. It works fine. I can go to google.com. Is there any...