General - page 1428

Hello everyone, When sending a TradeRequest, my EA now always returns the error 4752 ( Trading by Expert Advisors prohibited) and the retcode =10027 ( Autotrading disabled by client terminal). Still, the "Options/ExpertAdvisor/Allow Auto Trading" is well checked and the 3 cases of "Disable Auto
How do you enter a new job? i put in categories MQL4, keep getting error message: enter categories (maximum 2 category). and in Notifications: enter metaquotes ID, i entered 2 different IDs, but keep getting error message: Invalid meta quotes ID format. i Require a Renko bar off line chart...
  Your Strategy??  (11   1 2)
Guys, i really wanted to know what is the best strategy we can build up to make money in Forex. What do you think is required to be successful in this market. Anyone do know about it please share as we can also benefit from it. I actually refer to Technical & Fundamental Analysis to trade Forex and...
It has only been a week since we announced the release of the new version of MetaTrader 5 Android. Technical indicators became the main feature of the program. We have now enhanced it with support for Push notifications. Trading using MetaTrader 5 Android will become even more convenient....
I posted an EA (QB-TradeManager) and it was deleted. What was the reason?
On September 21, 2012 at 23:59 registration for participation in the Automated Trading Championship 2012 was finished. Some participants were looking forward to this moment, while others were saddened as they have not managed to polish their trading robots. Expert Advisors are not accepted anymore...
hi - i want to write an indicator so draw 10 next movement and frontier than the last candle and it change after each new bar. and i dont want to use "shift" option. is there another solution to do that?
Forgive me for the number of questions on my first post. I am a quant trying to move into a home algo trading career. These seem to be the most relevant problems I need to solve: 1. Tic data, can meta download outside the env or just within it? 2. Can anyone suggest a good source of (free) tic...
I have worked for many years in the city as a quant, programming high end risk models and I have to say MT5 is outstanding piece of kit. Flexible, easy to use and well documented it is MUCH easier than anything I have used in over 7 tier 1 Banks. Well done whoever you are. 
[Deleted]
//------ Automation I'm not new to programming but, when it comes to automation or OOP I freak. I'm trying to get all the methods correct first and understand the bare basics of oop before diving into mql5 automation. I followed a few guides but, I'm still a little lost and cannot get a...
Registration for the Automated Trading Championship has entered its final stage. Less than three days have left before the deadline. More than 3 400 applications have already been submitted. However, it depends only on the applicants themselves if they are able to become actual participants. In...
[Deleted]
Hi, been searching very hard but I don't know if this exists. I'm trying to find an EA that when attached to any chart will monitor all positions, set an instant trailing SL whether in profit or not to all positions of 20 pips and partially close (just once) at 10 pips profit, with the remaining...
  Power Swing EA  (5)
Hello, who can coded a EA for these powerful manual swing trading strategy ? See attachement Buy entry: green arrow gives signal ( PowerSwingBuyOpen value1/ see source code) Buy close: green cross gives signal ( PowerSwingBuyClose value3/ see source code) Sell entry: red arrow gives signal (
  Hi all !  (2)
I am a new user for this forum so I am pleased to meet new people and exchange idea about MT5, forex trading systems, forex articles and Metatrader indicators...
hi; is there any indicator do like this , i want to learn from it in the picture attached for example : when rsi is between 45~55 then draw rectangle in main chart. or if you can explain about this, thanks
[Deleted]
When I change the position X,Y (application dialog) lag the controls. //--- create application dialog if(!ExtDialog.Create(0,"Controls",0,80,80,360,324)) Is this a bug?
I want to trigger the chart (window) from a DLL (DLL starts separate thread with  WinAPI CreateThread). In MT4, I simply trigger the EA resp. Indi. with a tick sent with message  "MT4 Internal Message".  For this, I need the Window Handle HWND. I obtain the Handle  with MT4-Function...
Hi, 1) I'm finding that it typically takes about 0.5 to 1.0 seconds to execute a market order on MT4. I don't want to turn this into a review of brokers but am asking if anyone else has been able to achieve anything approaching HFT (eg perhaps sub 0.1s) using MQL5 and MT4? 2) Does MT5 generally...
I'm a total beginner here to Metatrader 5 and the industry in general. I am using the demo version of MT5, with the basic demo server. As far as I understand (And i don't understand very far), the fx markets are always open. However, MT5 only provides quotes at certain times. I remember on MT4, at
Hi, i need some help to create an indicator that will display dots on the chart once a certain criteria is met, I have already posted in this programing section asking for help with this but for some reason the original thread i posted was moved from this area can someone please help me with this...
hi ; indicator " trading_sessions" has problem in sunday from 21:00 GMT can you help to modify that such as : do not draw at sunday my broker start @ sunday 21:00 gmt and this will applay on ( sunday and monday ) can modify it to work just from monday until friday thanks
Anyone else have zero cloud activity since the 18th ? (Core i5 with 4 gig, 64 gig Ram and 4 agents - so I doubt that there would be zero activity in the last 3 days ??).
Hi, Let me explain. MT brokers usually have different servers in different regions. Any command in mql5 that can force the account to be logged in a server I choose instead of doing it manually. Attached a pic showing an example
US Congress questions high frequency trading today, mainly on future and stock market. If they curbs high frequency trading, like add extra transaction cost, minimum holding time, then many future and stock algorithm trading shares will switch to FX market. Since FX market is not US domestic market
Obviously this is not an idea for ATC 2012, but I suggest for the next championship a new resource that enables any EA know what is their position in the competition in real time (participant position). This variable would be part of the championship platforms, accessible from the source code of...
[Deleted]
i'm using the CTrade class to open positions (CTrade.Buy and CTrade.Sell) and it works well if i don't specify any stop loss or take profit values in their respective fields (meaning i type 0) , however if i specify any value in these fields the ea stops working it never open any positions why is...
Good afternoon. I couldn't find an answer - what time will be in the terminal at the Championship 2012? And one more thing - what are the quotes on the server in the history and where will the quotes be taken from during the Championship? Will they be somehow processed (filtered) before being sent
Hi, Any idea how I can get the bid and ask price from another broker? Thanks in advance
Under Agents -> Tasks. It was not there yesterday.
Championship submission fails, but it I never reproduce it locally. Any idea? thank you! Errors found in your Expert Advisors during checking: 2012.09.18 07:421. Copy experts\Znga.mq5 ok2. Compile experts\Znga.mq5 okMQL5 Compiler launcher x64 build 695 (6 Sep 2012)Copyright 2001-2012,...