Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 230

C-4:
Algorithm classes are much easier to port since they are not bound to a certain API. You can wait for ports from developers or try to implement these classes in MQL4 by yourself.

I tried just to compile and copied the classes and got a lot of errors.

I'll wait for the Trade class to appear, as without it the advantages of the updated MQL4 will be unavailable.

soboll:
Hello. I wanted to write an EA, but not like everyone else's. I have copied the functions and corrected the parameters. I have copied the function and fixed the EA's parameters. I have installed it on a chart, it says debagging next to the title.
Recompile (F7 in the editor).

Guys, I recently found out that MT4 has a Signals tab. Watched all the videos on the subject but still haven't found the answer. If I signed up for a Signal, should my terminal be on 24/7 with the account I signed up for or not? Who knows? Thank you in advance for understanding!

Apostol13:
If I subscribed to Signal, does my terminal have to be on 24/7 with the account I subscribed to or not?
Yes, I do.

Reshetov:
Yes, I do.
Why? Because I understand there is a server-level connection!

Apostol13:
Why? Because I understand there's a server level connection going on!
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/21145

Can someone explain to me why this elementary code does not output the icon of the standard bmp file "euro.bmp" to the graphic label on the chart?

#property copyright "Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"

#define  IMG_MENU "::Images\\euro.bmp"
#resource "\\Images\\euro.bmp"

void OnStart()
  {
//---
      string name = "bmp_file";
      ObjectCreate(0, name, OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL, 0, 0, 0);
      ObjectSetInteger(0, name, OBJPROP_XSIZE, 100);
      ObjectSetInteger(0, name, OBJPROP_YSIZE, 100);
      bool res = ObjectSetString(0, name, OBJPROP_BMPFILE, IMG_MENU);
      string n = ObjectGetString(0, name, OBJPROP_BMPFILE);
      printf("executed complete: " + (string)GetLastError());
      ChartRedraw();
  }
WhileObjectSetString(0, name, OBJPROP_BMPFILE, IMG_MENU) returns true and the variable n contains the file name. But there is still no image on the chart!!!!!!!!!

C-4:

Can someone explain to me why this elementary code does not output the icon of the standard bmp file "euro.bmp" into the graphical marker on the graph?

WhileObjectSetString(0, name, OBJPROP_BMPFILE, IMG_MENU) returns true and the variable n contains the file name. But there is still no image on the graphic!!!!!!!!!

It goes like this:

#property copyright "Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"
#resource "\\Images\\euro.bmp"
//---
string path_images="::Images\\euro.bmp";
//---
void OnStart()
  {
//---
   string name="bmp_file";
//---
   if(ObjectCreate(0,name,OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL,0,0,0))
     {
      ObjectSetInteger(0,name,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,100);
      ObjectSetInteger(0,name,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,100);
      ObjectSetInteger(0,name,OBJPROP_CORNER,CORNER_LEFT_UPPER);
      ObjectSetInteger(0,name,OBJPROP_ANCHOR,ANCHOR_LEFT_UPPER);
      ObjectSetString(0,name,OBJPROP_BMPFILE,0,path_images);
      ObjectSetString(0,name,OBJPROP_BMPFILE,1,path_images);
      //---
      ChartRedraw();
     }
  }

Is there any way to set the priority of *displaying* graphical objects on the graph when they overlap? For example, if several lines share the same position, how is it determined which of them will be "higher" and overlap the others?

The closest thing I could find was ObjectSetInteger(0,name,OBJPROP_ZORDER,zorder); But if I understand correctly, it only defines the priority for interaction with the cursor but has no effect on the display priority.

Lone_Irbis:

Is there any way to set the priority of *displaying* graphical objects on the graph when they overlap? For example, if several lines share the same position, how is it determined which of them will be "higher" and overlap the others?

The closest thing I could find was ObjectSetInteger(0,name,OBJPROP_ZORDER,zorder); But if I understand correctly, it only defines the priority for interaction with the cursor but has no effect on the display priority.

The objects are arranged in the order of their creation.
Reason: