Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3318

Andrey Dik #:

Ask GPT, when do you have to stop learning? You haven't answered that question yourself yet.

I know the answers to even the questions you haven't thought of asking yet. Keep it up. When you get constructive, we'll talk.

Aleksey Vyazmikin #:

So my deductions are wrong, and the answer is no - you have a different idea of the process.

No, I don't. Yes. I don't have a different view, it's just that many people don't like to call things by their proper names for some reason.

When exactly to stop learning is a matter of choice of methodology, I only emphasised that without detection of a global extremum it is impossible to stop learning (well, or forcibly, which will be of no practical use).

Andrey Dik #:

Why not? Yeah. I don't have a different idea, it's just that a lot of people don't like to call things by their proper names for some reason.

When exactly to stop learning is a matter of methodology choice, I was only emphasising that it is impossible to stop learning without detecting a global extremum (well, or forcibly, which will have no practical use).

An early breakpoint is not a point of global extremum.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

I know the answers to even the questions you haven't thought of asking yet. Just keep it up. When you get constructive, we'll talk.

Are you being rude again? You may know, but you don't show it for some reason.

It's like that joke:

-"Girl, do you have breasts?

-I do!

-Why don't you wear them?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

An early breakpoint is not a point of global extremum.

Okay. (chuckles) Can you please explain what that means? When exactly should we stop training? On the first iteration? On the second? The third? On the hundredth? Which one?

Andrey Dik #:

Are you being rude again? You may know, but you don't show it.

It's like that joke:

-"Girl, do you have breasts?

-Yes!

-Why aren't you wearing them?

I don't need to show anyone anything, I'm not an exhibitionist. I wouldn't be conceited if I were you.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

I have no need to show anyone anything, I'm not an exhibitionist. I wouldn't be conceited if I were you.

Which one of us is being conceited?

I know the answers to questions you haven't even thought of asking yet. Keep it up.

Andrey Dik #:
Okay. Can you please explain what that means? When exactly do you need to stop training? On the first iteration? On the second? The third? On the hundredth? Which one?

According to the selected stopping criterion

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

I have no need to show anyone anything, I'm not an exhibitionist. I wouldn't be conceited if I were you.

If you know, don't say anything. And if you say you know, show it. It doesn't look good: "I know, but I won't tell you, and you're all fools!"

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

According to the selected stopping criterion

What is the stopping criterion?
Reason: