Indicators with alerts/signal - page 367

mladen:
Kalina

Here is an example :

daily chart EURUSD, AlertsOn set to true (you have to change it, default is false), AlertsOnCurrent set to false (I want to show a previous day alert now), and this is what it is showing on daily chart :

Now the same thing with time frame set to daily but from the 30 minute chart : as you see it is alerting that the trend have changed yesterday (1 bar back on a target time frame - so yesterday) and it is what it should do

As you can see, everything is OK, it is even showing from which time frame it was raised and does it correctly (multi time frame alerts must work like the above - they have to test values in the target time frame)

Make sure that AlertsOn parameter is set to true and it will work as it should. The examples from above pictures were made with the indicator that I too redownloaded (just in case) and tested. If you have multiple versions on your PC (some browsers change the name when you download it) then use the last one downloaded since it works OK

regards

Hmm,very strange,maybe bug with tester...Thank you Mladen anyway,and Happy Easter.

In back-testing it will not alert as you expect it to ...

It is due to how metatrader treats time frames different than the tested time frame. This indicator is made to do the alerting work from the target (other) time frame in order to always identify the alerts correctly (I have seen too much mtf indicators that are giving wrong alerts) and to keep the code as simple as it can be, and back-testing is in that case reading in the whole already existing data and in that case it "thinks" that the future is already there. So do not expect multi time frame indicators to behave the same way in back test as in real time

kalina1977:
Hmm,very strange,maybe bug with tester...Thank you Mladen anyway,and Happy Easter.

mladen:
In back-testing it will not alert as you expect it to ... It is due to how metatrader treats time frames different than the tested time frame. This indicator is made to do the alerting work from the target (other) time frame in order to always identify the alerts correctly (I have seen too much mtf indicators that are giving wrong alerts) and to keep the code as simple as it can be, and back-testing is in that case reading in the whole already existing data and in that case it "thinks" that the future is already there. So do not expect multi time frame indicators to behave the same way in back test as in real time

I see,now its sorted.Thank you for explanation.

ADX rising alert

Thanks for giving your suggestion and attachment. I request you to forward my request to senior members who can program for us. ADX is the real .. real indicator. I will be grateful if some one can program when ADX rise above 16, should give continuous audio alert.

Thanks

gautham:
Friends!

I am trading in Nifty Index. I am using ADX to find the trend.

I need a help. I am looking for ADX indicator with following features.

ADX indicator which turn color above 16 into green if the trend is up. if it is down trend, it shows red color. when there is no trend, it shows yellow color.

ADX indicator must give sound alert when rising above 16 with visual message showing "strong up trend or strong down trend.".

Sound must be playing till the trend exits.

Friends, please help and do the needful.

Thanks

Sankarapandian Selvaraj

gauthampulavar@gmail.com

gautham:
Friends!

I am trading in Nifty Index. I am using ADX to find the trend.

I need a help. I am looking for ADX indicator with following features.

ADX indicator which turn color above 16 into green if the trend is up. if it is down trend, it shows red color. when there is no trend, it shows yellow color.

ADX indicator must give sound alert when rising above 16 with visual message showing "strong up trend or strong down trend.".

Sound must be playing till the trend exits.

Friends, please help and do the needful.

Thanks

Sankarapandian Selvaraj

gauthampulavar@gmail.com

Like Newdigital pointed out, there should be existing indicators alert on ADX cross certain levels.

I would like to point out a few things within your description:

1. You said when no trend, no color, up trend green and down trend red. However with ADX is a non directional indicator, meaning when the slope is going up, it could be a result of price going up or down in a trending fashion. How do you detect trend direction purely based on ADX within your logic?

2. You said alert must be continuous until trend ends. Does this mean it needs to alert every tick or just once per bar?

If you are requesting a new custom indicator, above 2 questions must be answered first.

Thanks, Christina

charleslimuk:
Hi Mladen I have attached three files for comparison. Can you please add (1) the Red and green arrows whenever the stochRSI crosses 80 and 20 level respectively in the main window (similar to Stochastic_Color_V1.02classicC mod 1)? If it is possible can you kindly add a dotted vertical line in either StochRSI_Basic or StockRSI_Basic_P&V Alerts together with the arrows?

Can any one helps to incorporate the vertical dotted line & Red or Green arrow by amending Stocrsi_basic or stocrsi_basic_p&v alerts whenever the stochrsi passes the 80 and 20 levels?

Thank you in advance.

mladen:
ptl indicator (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page247 ) with alerts added (it will alert when the main trend changes). Usual choice of alerts : current (opened) or previous ( closed ) bar, messages, sound and email can be configured

never heard of this indicator before, how do I use this please ? anybody has much success with it ? i am also confused about the multi time frame ? so, I can see one hour and four hour chart on it for example right ?

can we combine the two charts into one alert ? for example, if one hour is going up and four hour is going up, give alert ?

can anybody code this if it is not possible ?

thanks

xxx

3 MA Cross indi repainting

Hi Guys and girls

I was experimenting with the attached indi and found that is heavily repainting. With the given name one would assume that a crossing gives clear signals but not here. So I guess it is a completely different tool, I have no idea! Could somebody please have a look ??

Thanks Wolfsch

the indi is: 3 MA Cross with alert, but I am unable to add it here, sorry (another help for that is needed)

wolfsch:
Hi Guys and girls

I was experimenting with the attached indi and found that is heavily repainting. With the given name one would assume that a crossing gives clear signals but not here. So I guess it is a completely different tool, I have no idea! Could somebody please have a look ??

Thanks Wolfsch

the indi is: 3 MA Cross with alert, but I am unable to add it here, sorry (another help for that is needed)

Hi Wolfsch,

Might try this version

Hi! Can someone please help to add alert to the said indicator when it crosses above +0.07 and below -0.07.

ravi_fx_fisher.mq4

Files:
Reason: