Discussion of article "Interview with Igor Korepin (ATC 2011)"

New article Interview with Igor Korepin (ATC 2011) is published:

Appearance of the Expert Advisor cs2011 by Igor Korepin (Xupypr) at the very top of the Automated Trading Championship 2011 was really impressive - its balance was almost twice that of the EA featured on the second place. However, despite such a sound breakaway, the Expert Advisor could not stay long on the first line. Igor frankly said that he relied much on a lucky start of his trading robot in the competition. We'll see if luck helps this simple EA to take the lead in the ATC 2011 race again.

Judging by the description of the Expert Advisor, it uses "a simple MACD". Site visitors tried to guess, what's in it. And suddenly you decide to publish the source code of your EA. Why did you do that? You know, many of the visitors would like to purchase the robot that showed good results during the ATC.

It would be shameful for me to sell this Expert Advisor in its current form. It was lucky enough to appear on the very top, and in anticipation of a further stream of questions or even accusations (there were some), I decided to open its source code. It is not really valuable and certainly it is not designed for use on real accounts! I can say that this EA is my first attempt.

It's strange to hear about the first attempt, because you are not new to strategy programming. Don't you think that you are too exacting in your search for profitable strategies?

I haven't yet developed strategies or anything else serious in MQL5. It's not about the novelty or complexity of the language. On the contrary, you can use the same procedural approach like in MQL4 without delving into the OOP features of MQL5. But this is the problem of lack of time. My profitable strategies are still waiting in the wings.

Participant of the Automated Trading Championship 2011 Igor Korepin

Author: Automated-Trading

Reason: