Discussion of article "ATC Champions League: Interview with Olexandr Topchylo (ATC 2011)"

New article ATC Champions League: Interview with Olexandr Topchylo (ATC 2011) is published:

Interview with Olexandr Topchylo (Better) is the second publication within the "ATC Champions League" project. Having won the Automated Trading Championship 2007, this professional trader caught the attention of investors. Olexandr says that his first place in the ATC 2007 is one of the major events of his trading experience. However, later on this popularity helped him discover the biggest disappointment - it is so easy to lose investors after the first drawdown on an investor account.

Olexandr, your participation in the 2007 Championship was brilliant. What were the bonuses of the first place in the Automated Trading Championship 2007 for you?

My first place in the ATC 2007 catalyzed a leap in my career - I switched from trading on my account only to managing investors' accounts.

In general, participation in the Championship provides an opportunity to test strategies in conditions close to reality. The three-month stand-alone operation of a program reveals its defects, which cannot be detected in the tester or short-term trading on a demo account. However, the benefit can be obtained not only by participating in the competition, but also by simply observing it carefully. The Automated Trading Championship is a unique competition for traders, where you can see detailed online statements and terminal logs. Analyzing the statistics of leaders allows you to evaluate the prospects of various approaches to the development of trading systems. By analyzing outsiders' terminal logs you can learn from mistakes of others.

Olexandr, what were your most successful experience and the biggest disappointment in trading?

The most successful experience - was winning the championships: the Automated Trading Championship 2007 and "The road to Formula 1" contest of MIG Bank in 2009. I won a trip to a Formula One race in Abu Dhabi. I myself would hardly ever go to the races, and this was an exciting chance and I received a lot of fun. An unforgettable experience!

As for the disappointment... I guess when I got a more or less significant drawdown on my account, and investors began to leave from me. Investors are so sensitive, it's not easy to keep them.

Olexandr Topchylo won a Formula One race from MIG Bank

Author: Automated-Trading

Reason: