Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 17): Ticks and more ticks (I)"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 17): Ticks and more ticks (I).

Here we will see how to implement something really interesting, but at the same time very difficult due to certain points that can be very confusing. The worst thing that can happen is that some traders who consider themselves professionals do not know anything about the importance of these concepts in the capital market. Well, although we focus here on programming, understanding some of the issues involved in market trading is paramount to what we are going to implement.

The first question we'll look at is very difficult to model in a way that anyone can understand just by looking at the code. Knowing this, I would like the reader to pay due attention to the explanations that we will consider throughout these articles. If you are attentive enough, you will be able to follow the explanation as it is really rich and complex. I say this because today's material may seem unnecessary to some, while for others it will be of paramount importance. The material will be presented step by step so that you can follow the reasoning.

The big problem is that all of the previous articles focused solely on chart construction, and that chart had to be presented in such a way that the replay/simulation asset behaved very similarly to what is happening in the real market. I know that there are many who trade using some other tools, such as an order book. Although I personally don't think using such a tool is good practice; other traders believe that there is some correlation between what happens on the order book and what is traded. It is ok if every person has their own point of view. But despite this, there is a tool that many people use in their work, which is a tick chart. If you don't know what it is, you can take a look at the image.

Figure 01

Author: Daniel Jose

Reason: